Gamescom 2016 related stuff

Hi, Gamescom in Cologne is about to start soon (17th Aug) and I want to know if anyone is planning to visit the convention.
Also I would like to know if anyone is into Cosplay (I dare to ask for LARPer) and would be willing to dress in Bohemian /German 15th Century outfit :slight_smile: I will if there are other people too. So suit your chainmail/platemail/leatherarmour and yeild the sword and lets go for it :smiley:

1 Like

Also I would like to know if anyone is into Cosplay (I dare to ask for LARPer) and would be willing to dress in Bohemian /German 15th Century outfit

What you want is a (few) BotN member(s). They strive for period exact armor and clothing, though I donā€™t know much about the Czech team.

It isnā€™t really period exact though, as it has a bulkier profile suited to mitigation of blunt trauma, rather than optimising protection and mobiltiy with/against sharps.

Iā€™ll go and I am active in the living history scene. But my time is 1475 and not 1403 so Iā€™d look kinda out of place ^^
Will Warhorse be at the GamesCOM?

Iā€™ll be there gents! Would be awesome to meet yā€™all there!

1 Like

Now you did a thing, Phaidon.
Iā€™ll be gone sewing XD

3 Likes

By the way, is anyone staying past Friday or are you all flying off that day?

Do you ask the WH team or general? I will be there from day1 till the end.

Both ^^
Visitorā€™s tickets are gone for saturday, so I thought about ā€œdoing the flyā€ after friday, since the team will probably do the same and the rest will have a visitorā€™s ticket ā€¦

I will stay even the week after gamescom. :slight_smile:

I plan a Gamescom community party on saturday evening. What is your idea about it? Do you all think saturday fits just fine? Or should I better do it on another day?

3 Likes

Im good with Saturday, also fine with Friday. :wink:

Iā€™m fine with any day actually. Friday is probably better for me personally but otherwise Iā€™ll stay till Saturday.

DO IT!!! I COME!!! Just tell me where and when!

(Will I get free drinks if I show up in armour?)

2 Likes

Sorry, no time.

One beer will be on me if you come in chain/ platemail :wink:

2 Likes

I donĀ“t know yet, still planning :smiley:
The idea of free drinks ind armour is not bad indeed, I have to check our budget plans!

Sorry, was just kidding I actually donā€™t drink alcohol anymore ^^
And wearing a ~3.500ā‚¬ sallet on a party could be a bad idea :smiley:

I really like the idea, I will try to get some budget for free drinks for people in armour.

No need to wear a sallet :slight_smile: Grab your gambi, put some chain or brestplate over it, wear a gaugle, some nice pants and lets get drunk :slight_smile: Armour doesnt have to be a BOTN full plate hehe