Gamescom 2016 related stuff

Time skipping is also faster than beta (min 20:30). It takes 10 seconds to skip 2 hours. It seems also that the sun/night cycle has changed. The sun raises one hour earlier and goes down 3 hours later. So maybe we will have more hours of daylight in the final game.

that is good b/c you can do shit during night :smiley:

Could you post a link? Its just blank on my phone.

Interview with Tobi (German)

1 Like

Everyone can come :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a nice video of some new gameplay. (Still looks unoptimized because I’ll see jitter once in a while.)

5 Likes

Yes, this was changed.
The game takes place in summer and so the night will be shorter and day longer.

3 Likes

When I look at the video clip at 3:54 the new Henry is a little bit to lean for my taste. I would expect a little more working muscles at the arms, the shoulders and the back as a son of a blacksmith.
Or wasn’t Henry expected to help his father at the forge when he was old enough to do so?

1 Like

The unarmoured Henry at 3:55 is only the ‘reduced’ mesh that prevents Z-thrashing when combined with armour. If he remained in shirt for more than the ‘flash’ of changing armour types he would be normally muscled.

Bulk isn’t necessary for strength, and in the case of natural development by working it can take many years to add. Modern protein-heavy ‘muscle building’ isn’t necessarily the only look. Nor should the appearance of a youth be confused with that of a middle aged man.

Oh no, don’t get me wrong. I don’t want a bodybuilder. Just a Henry with a upper body that looks like he has done a lot of smithing.

Well if he was right handed he would have his arm bigger than the left.
Unless he’s ambidextrous

A really good article/interview with new infos about the story and quests.

The example Jirsa gives is a side quest that begins with someone telling
you to kidnap someone who’s transferring a large sum of money from one
location to another. “And we know that players usually try to do
everything except the objective. So if it should start in a castle it’s
not usually the brightest idea to attack [within] the castle. But you
can, the money is physically there so you can do it, you can kill
everyone who told you about it. We’re creating dialogues for it and
really trying to make it so it’s as close to an open-world sandbox as
possible.”

3 Likes

Not a bad article but it really makes me wonder how much they are listening to the team when they say things like this.

[quote]a world of men, women and children all with their own homes and
routines, who rise and go to bed at certain times, and notice what
you’re wearing.[/quote]

Unless this is a leak about children being in the final game?

nope there were more things I was wondering to. Don’t remember what things exactly, not gonna read it again, but article seemed to be a bit off to me

edit: still some nice things mentioned, that’s for sure

I will have to go over it again.

The part about children was the only thing that jumped out at me, but it was also on my mind while reading the rest so I may have missed more.

Misinformation is the #1 cause of false expectation (looking at the elephant in the room NMS), game journalism overall embellishes and speculates far to much to be trustworthy.

The opening visuals with the weapons and interiors look fantastic. It really is a beautiful looking game alright

Combat definitely looks more improved since we’ve last seen it, but still feels pretty rigid overall. It might just be the animations, as opposed to the actual movements / sequences themselves. But it also at times seems to lack a certain gravity and force to the motions, almost like the characters are merely re-enacting movements.

Was nice to see the polearms being used, especially with the old poke off the horse trick :smile:
But would definitely be nice to have a pull down or push off alternative as well. In that one instance where Henry creeps up on the guy on the horse, it would’ve been far more fluid to pull him down from the saddle and knife him on the floor. Rather than have to get the polearm out, jab him off, then wait for him to get up before duelling
 just seemed sluggish and stiff.

Sneaking looked fine though, and the take-downs look solid.

Overall, pretty happy with what I’m seeing. Clearly requires more optimisation work and fine tuning, but they’re getting there which is really positive.

2 Likes

Henry did look a little sledner. I know it is probably due to the meshing system, however does anybody know if all blacksmiths doubled as farries (they trimm and balance horses’ hooves and place shoes on the horse) in the 15th century? I know a few people doing smithing and they are not very muscular (they don’t work with horses), however if one wants to hold a horse’s hoof in hand having a lot of strength is a requirement.

1 Like

Do they craft everthing with pure muscle power or do they use mechanical hammers and other modern machines?

Hmm I’m not sure, some might use the power hammer (that probably does make the work a lot easier). However one guy that does everything manually looks like an IT worker and people are surprised when he says that he’s a blacksmith. I think it is more that the demand nowadays is mostly for “decorative” items and not heavy duty tools like in the medieval times. So precision might be valued over pure stength.

1 Like

this doesn’t make a difference. Due to the nutrition in medieval times people were never packed with muscles as they are nowadays. And most modern smiths are not that muscular either. They have lots of strength and stamina, but you don’t see it. Take a body builder and send him to a blacksmith, no matter how much muscles he has, after one hour of forging he 'll be done. It 's all about routine and technique. Btw. in the 15 century water powered hammers were quite common everywhere in Europe.