Gamescom 2016 related stuff

Never? I find that pretty hard to believe, surly knights and other nobles who ate well, and were well trained in combat would be quite muscular. And not all farmers, and smiths were dirt poor peasants who couldn’t eat a proper meal, combine that with long hard work you would think they would be very fit.

Ah, ok, I made a small mistake there. Well the non-noble people were never as beefily as nowadays. Due to the lack of meat, while nobles ate more meat, therefore these can be built stronger. But if we take a look at surviving armours most nobles had a similar stature compared to commoners. There are exceptions like some armours in Vienna and the Churburg, but overall they were really slim. Just take a look at the A60 in Vienna and that was the armour of a king, who definitely could eat as much meat as he wanted to.
Making Henry look like a bodybuilder would be nonsense. Take a look at this picture from one of Talhoffers fencing manuscripts. It shows you a knight and the equipment he shall wear during a fight on foot.

I don’t want Bodybuilder Bodys in game. But I have readed a little bit.

So the main difference would be that a smith who is used to work a few hours without a break must have more red muscle fibres and the Bodybuilder has more white muscle fibres.

Thats clear. For more muscles someone need proteins. These are not only in meat. They are also in eggs, cheese and fish and fish was cheaper as beef. Just to remember.

I’m curious. Will there be recognisable differences in combat if I use a different kind of a polearm like a bill, a halberd, a glaive, a speer, a pollaxe or a two handed warhammer (Lucerne hammer etc.)?
I also hope that there will be some dagger variation. Since the dagger is a instant kill weapon it is clear for me that this would only be a graphical difference.

Unlikely, I’d say. Polearms are quite difficult to put correctly in the game, we had to make some compromises just to have them there.
(also i am not confirming that all the types you named will be in the game, I simply dont know)

Well, cannot really say for sure, but we do have a decorated dagger.

2 Likes

+2 to charisma? :smiley:

1 Like

well… actually… right now the decorated dagger is overall worse… it is even cheaper then the normal one :smiley:

Probably just some copy from china?

(dont panic guys, we have item stats firmly under control!)

1 Like

Is this a statement for the community or something to ensure yourself? :smirk:

how dare you?!
I am ensuring myself of ensuring the community that they were assured by my ensuring of a fact that item stats are ensured!

5 Likes

Does this instant kill (at 8:52) function in the same way if the target wears a chainmail or a plate armor?
I believe it would be not possible if the target wears a plate armor and really hard if it wears a chainmail.
I think better going for the weak spots of a armor and I believe it would be harder to kill the target silently.
I must admit, that I have no clue where the weakspots for a dagger at a armor is. If the target wers for example like a cuman a long chainmail and a helmet with full neck protection and with a facemask.
Has someone a idea?

I actually like instant kills, but as far I saw they are like console “quick-time” events with a press of a single button and watching a short animation. This I don’t like. I prefer Hitman 1 real-time style instant kills, where it is up to the player to time and aim his one-kill strike, not only sneak behind crouched and press a button. Also, a real person could sneak and be stealthy without crouching…
As far as it can be implemented - one strike with any weapon to the head of unaware and unarmored NPC should result in an instant kill. In the Beta, I had to strike a village man 3 times in the head with my sword in order to drop him dead…

2 Likes

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10394

Report by RPGCodex. They consider the Warhorse presentation to be “one of the most impressive presentations at this year’s Gamescom”.

“Explorefags are going to love this shit.​”

:grin:

1 Like

drop the “one of” from that sentence and we can agree :smiley:

1 Like