Gamescom 2017 Trailer: "Born From Ashes!"

New Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trailer is out: “Born From Ashes!”
After a devastating mercenary attack on Silver Skalitz, Henry finds himself in a desperate situation: his parent’s are dead and his home is destroyed. Where will his path lead him?

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: WarHorse @ Gamescom 2017

The fabric of the first layer around the neck looks really awful.

1 Like

The faces and animations in general look very work-in progress. I remember watching a KCD presentation where they were talking about facials and they looked really good!! What I dont understand is why they are showing us unfinished footage. If its not ready, I dont show it and show something ready instead. If I have nothing presentable at the moment, I keep my head down and keep working.
This brings bad publicity imho.

4 Likes

Even bad advertisement is effective.

I agree. It’s really disappointing that they release trailers with unfinished visuals and audio. The VA sounded as though it were done by interns and fell completely flat. The lip syncing was terrible along with the facial animations, which were almost non-existent. Henry is lacking in emotion, and the woman calling him to save her has such a lack of expression it’s hilarious.

eg:

This one is supposedly Henry looking at his dying parents. Is he a sociopath?

Some scenes were okay and the visuals were impressive and clear. I love this project but had to share my honest opinions. There are people in the community saying how everyone “expected too much” and how “It’s not that bad”. Sadly they are blinded by hype and money they invested. Giving it harsh love is only going to put a light on the issues the devs need to priorities. Hopefully these are not finalized scenes and it will drastically improve.

1 Like