Give us harder enemies

WH team member replied in another thread that they’re going to make higher level enemies harder and more aggressive, as well as add tougher enemies. That’s a start.

One problem they mentioned though is that many people sitll find the combat difficult. I say F 'em.

5 Likes

i’ve had a good number of Cuman and bandits just quit and stand there. i was playing cat and mouse as horse archer. the AI quit. easy kill. like the loot but that’s not a good design

1 Like

A good solution to that is to just make the difficulty curve a little less steep, but higher in the end. The problem is that people aren’t used to the systems. Give them a chance to learn how to fight, then challenge them.

Outside of AI aggressiveness, that’s another thing that needs to be fixed. Sometimes enemies will just stand there while you fight one of their own. That itself is a bug. Then, beginning at mid-levels, they begin to give up easy, or they would run away leaving their teammate behind. That part is intentional, although they definitely need to tweak it for the sake of fun.

You are cool, but are u banned on youtube? 0.44 it’s my limit than the video stops.

No, i just found streamable to be easier and faster to upload vids to

NPC hestitation has 2 issues: (1) too much. Needs to be trimmed. (2) animation. If the intent is to simulate fatigue, dealing with pain, etc, fine. Change the animation to defensive posture (suitable to weapon and surrounding opponents) or at least bent over with hands on knees. The NPCs just stand up like statues

Great attitude. quit tootin’ your own horn.

This guy wants quicksaves alongside this, so it’s not like he wants the game to be difficult or anything

Oh boy, here we go again

And you think saving has anything to do with difficulty. You get murdered by the stupid AI, reload a 2-hour old save, and think “Oh boy this sure is difficult!” Removing quicksaves? Oh boy! That’s where TRUE difficulty is, right? It’s got nothing at all to do with combat AI, damage scaling, enemy stats and equipment, like some of us are discussing. Nope. For YOU it’s all about that lack of quicksave, baby! Who knows when a crash will take place! Gotta stay on those toes!

1 Like

Warhourse is aware of the scaling and the AI issues…

They are working on fixing it. Vik here on the forums is the lead designer for combat and has said that they have heard us, and are working on polishing combat.

EDIT - Combat becomes trivially easy by mid-game. This MUST be fixed

His post is here.

Yeah, I saw his post on another thread right after I made this one.

I’m just glad they’re going to do something about it. I doubt it’ll still be a challenge for max level though, hopefully it will be. Although, I think i’ve already finished all the quests that send me to bandit/cuman camps though :confused: murdering 10 of them without much thought and in little time, rinse and repeat to the next camp.

I’ve started started over again and am just waiting for them to patch it before I continue.

1 Like

Probably a good idea. However I’m kind of attached to the Henry that I’ve constructed and good ol’ Roach lol.

WH is aware of this problem and has officially addressed this problem in another post here it is.

1 Like

where did you find this response, I would like to know where are all WH responses and what they are currently working on.

C’mon Bare, you know very well they’ve already acknowledged this issue…

Awesome, i am glad WH is receptive to this.