Hanz Capon keeps following me but won't talk to me. *possible spoilers*

I’m on the quest mysterious ways, asking around about limpy, while i’m in uzhitz waiting for daytime capon spawns next to me and now keeps following me but he’s not triggering any dialog or cutscenes.
I pressed E on him and he gave me the quest next to godliness, but he’s still following me around and i can’t talk to other people sleep or even go into my inventory without him interrupting it. I’ve tried reverting back a few saves to ginger in a pickle but he keeps spawning and just standing there in front of me. I’m basically stuck now because i can’t progress by talking to people.

2 Likes

This is a known bug, solution should be:

i cant update game on ps4 to first patch

Is this the only way to fix this glitch? I have 4 hours of gameplay that i would be losing if i reverted back to this save

1 Like

I would’nt like to go back to my file from 4-5h ago. Is’nt there another option?

I play on PC and have the day one patch installed, however I am still having this problem. I’m on the quest Ginger in a Pickle and whenever I try to sleep or wait, it works for a few hours while I’m sleeping/waiting, but then it will exit out of the wait before it is at the desired time and Hans appears out of nowhere and gives a side quest about going to the baths. After I’m done talking to him, he follows me around, is unable to be interacted with and makes it unable for me to wait or sleep. I don’t know what to do because I already have the day one patch. I’m really enjoying the game but this is making it unplayable.

Thanks

Edit - It seems that Hans has been following me for some time to give the quest. I encountered him when riding back towards Rattay to complete a side quest. It seems that he’s walking all the way across the map to give me this quest. Because of this, I think that Hans started walking towards me when the quest “The Hunt Begins” starts. Hopefully this helps the developers fix the bug.

4 Likes

Did you find a fix to this? Ive got him following me all over the map after accepting the to godliness quest. even if im on the other side of the map he finds me and wakes me up

I have the same problem, but as I also have PS4 I can’t update to the day1 patch again, just says my game is up to date. I’d rather not lose 5 hrs of game time due to this…

1 Like

Got the same issue with hans following me. But I’ve already saved over that file. What now? Does that mean I have to start the whole freaking game over just to fix this???

1 Like

there is clearly something wrong with hans…
I just hope it will get patched anytime soon (2 weeks)
maybe someone official can say something more about it @warhorse @DrFusselpulli @WH_JiriRydl
otherwise you have to start the game anew, or wait for a different solution… cant help you with it right now sorry

1 Like

So going back to the auto save “the prey - start” has fixed it… Took me about 25 minutes to get back to the quest I got bugged on. So if anyone is currently doing the ginger in a pickle or mysterious ways quests I would just go back and go through the prey mission again and skip through the cut scenes, collect about 7-8 hares run back to camp and skip time so you can get capons reward for beating him. But I am also not doing many side quests or collecting things so it was easy for me to justify losing items I picked up/found along the way by going back to an older save. So keep that in mind.

Same issue with day one patch (started the game after this patch), i don’t want to loose hours and hours of gameplay, i made a lot of things in between and if reloading this save is the only way (without even being sure it works…) i prefer to uninstall and leave negative comment like wtf test your game before release what a joke.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem, Hans wont stop following me around interrupting every interaction with the world, i’ve tried starting the quest numerous times by entering the quest area in the bath house and waiting there until evening but he eventually walks in and interrupts my waiting, doesnt talk tho, even tried killing the personnel of the bath house, that actually stops the quest but he will still follow you. running patch 1.2.2 started the game after day one patch
edit: tried reloading to a save several hous in the past to before he talked to me and waited for 8 hours, he showed up and the same bug happened again

Same issue here, I’m on patch 1.03. Can’t start any new quests because Hans always appears and the cutscene ends. Tried earlier saves but still happens.

I have played after the day one patch, but I still got this bug, and I don’t want to backtrack 3+ hours of gameplay.

1 Like

Same for me, using the latest version of the game from the start on pc. game breaking bug i can’t talk to capon to advance this quest and whenever i try to sleep he wakes me up.
Running 1.2.2 on PC, have tried traveling to the bath house multiple times of day but when I get there NPC still won’t talk to me. Hopefully this is patched out to allow us to resume the game.

Same here I have it on Xbox one and same thing happens he keeps following and won’t stop I even got mad and started the whole game over Hoping it would solve problem I can answer that quick NOPE…so know I begin to wonder if the developers did this on purpose just to sell all the game and make a quick buck

Same issue here. PC player through STEAM. Driving me insane and I really want to carry on. Pleaseeeeeeee…

1 Like

Anyone found a fix without going back to “the prey - start”?

It doesn’t work! :frowning: