Horse animations

I must say that game overall feels great… but I have one big problem with horse riding. Missing horse ear animations.

I know that horse would be as the rest work in progress, but it felt really weird to see a horse that is not constantly scanning surroundings with his ears.

Also I seen that some characters look ate you when you walk around, that would be great thing to implement for horses. Let them look around when you are going slower. When you are passing a guy, make the horse look on him.

It would make the horse look much more alive.

Just a small feedback, nothing big. Also game is shaping to be great… I really like what I tried.

1 Like

Having the ears move is a great suggestion. I do not think it is realistic for horses to look at people passing by though. As the owner of one, I have never seen them do that.

2 Likes

Yeah, you are right. They do have pretty wide field of vision so they probably do not have to turn their head to see anything.

But generally more movement would be great. Trying to eat leaves and pines off the trees while moving would probably be too much, but maybe some twitches and head movement to fend off the flies.

Right now the horse have nice movement animation, but as whole it feels static. Like a horse skin on a robot.

2 Likes

I think Agro from Shadow of the Colossus is a great model to go from. He moves and acts like a living creature. Especially during riding, the way he reacts to you pulling on the reins.

Traveling to a colossi. Agro has a lot of movement and reacts to his surroundings. When dismounted he also does his own thing until you call:

1 Like

Amazing horse animation in shadows of colossus.

1 Like

That is really cool animation for a such old game.

1 Like