Horse Armor - Has anyone got it yet? If so, how?

Don’t think I’ve done any quests no, I have tried other traders too. Been a while since I checked them though so they might have a quest open for me now.

You have horse armor. It’s just not metal. Don’t know if metal horse armor exists in KCD

Then why are there two slots for “Head Armour” and “Body Armour” in the horse tab?

1 Like

Not 100% sure but saw a head only version with one of horse vendors.

I didn’t, I’ve quadruple checked every single horse vendors inventory and none of them sell anything but bridles saddles spurs caparisons and horseshoes. I’m guessing that’s why OP is here too because we have no clue how to either a: find any pieces, or b: get them to sell it to us.

haven’t accumulated enough to buy the warhorse that stinks like hell (~2800). so haven’t been able to test out yet :frowning:

It’s a good horse, also just completed the two available quests for the stables, one where you have to find a runaway horse and another where you have to race other people on horseback, and they still don’t sell any horse armor.

Well, you have now understood what I was wondering from the beginning when making this thread: Is there metal horse armor in this game? Because the caparison (the colorful cover you can see in the picture I posted) is not armor, it’s just for decoration.

Can you somehow confirm that you have seen proper horse armor?
If however no one has ever seen metal horse armor in the game, then it might be a case of missing content at release rather than a bug.

Empty slots with no function drive me insane, was bad enough having to run around for 25 odd hours before I even found a ring/necklace.

1 Like

Yeah same here. I found the horse for the stable at Uzhitze and won the Talmberg horse race for Zora from the Neuhof stable.
Still no new items in their shops. The only possibility I can imagina now is that horse armor is extremely rare and can only be found in treasure chests. I have 10 treasure maps and I am going to see if I find any armor there.

Either that or there’s a horse combat quest later on in the story that unlocks the pieces for sale or something. Really don’t want to be staring at a credits screen and wondering why the hell I never got any horse armor though so any kind of information would be pretty great!

Caparison I have has 2 stab def, 8 slash def and 2 blunt def. so that’s why I said there’s non metal horse armor … akin to game considering linen shirts to be ‘armor’

Yes but caparisons go in the “Cover” slot, not the “Head Armor” or the “Body Armor” slot in the horses inventory.

Interesting idea, but that doesn’t seem plausible to me. As bloodaxis said, caparisons only go into the cover slot, not into one of the others.
Even a caprison that only covers the body and not the head goes into the cover slot:

Greetings, I have found the head armour for horse. It is on the mountain right of Letz-something (north of Rattay). There is a huge nest that have a dead horse and a dead chicken. It is at the middle of the mountain which you can jump off the top of the mountain and exprience near death or some how climb up or down of the mountain and reach the nest.

Also, I’m trying to find the armour that sir divish wears. Notify me if you found it.

Someone as a post and where to find the head armor here

Thanks for that! I’m guessing the body piece is hidden away somewhere similar, no wonder none of the horse vendors sold anything.

There’s another way to get horse armor. Altough i’m not entirely sure if it’s random or not. But the House to the left of the Blacksmith in Rattay has a (Very Hard) Chest at the lower level. It contains several expensive items like Capons bow and finally a piece of head armor for your horse.

i can confirm the nest horse armor on Ps4. great easter egg

Ok… Apparently its a bugged chest that shows your horses inventory instead for some reason.