How big will the map be?

Hello out there!

I were just thinking about how big will the map be when the game is fully developed if anyone knows that yet :slight_smile:
Or what can the map be compared with :slight_smile:

• Lasse

The map will be around 3 square miles or 9 square kilometers. They said it is larger than Red dead redemption’s map. Warhorse has mentioned that they will add more to the map with later acts hope this helps :smiley:

Yes! hahaha just what i wanted to hear! :smiley:
Can’t wait just to walk around the map getting an eyegasm!

3 Likes

Yep they did say that first act will be around 9 square kilometers. Then they said that they will make it even larger as their graphic department is doing OK.

As far I know, he was comparing the game to RDR in terms of DENSITY not size though. Meaning that the world will be natural looking and not so compressed as most other open world games. Just saying cause I think this was missunderstood by community…

If you do a forum search you will find several threads on this topic.

1 Like

But this informations are allready old. As GingerFOX said, the map now is bigger, around 12 square kilometers, not only 9 anymore. They added the village of Úžice with some countryside in the east of the map. On the Alpha-Livestream you can see the current map during 22:16.
I read about the size of 12km² in an interview, I don´t know anymore where exactly, but in comparison to the map it would fit. And I really like that the map is bigger now. :slight_smile:

So as we can see the scale of the map already changes during the development of Act I, so it is difficult to say how big the whole map of all three Acts will be together.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that’s great news! I was comfortable with what we were getting but a little extra makes it that much better.

I hate watching other people play games so I never watch any of the streams.

I did manage to find this on the Kick starter page, you and @SirWarriant are both correct .

1 Like