How the acts are inserted to the game

This is just a simple topic, but I wanted to know how acts 2 and 3 will be inserted in to the game. Would they be released as completely separate games? or will the be like DLC that adds a whole new area and events into the game with act 1 acting as the primary game. Also on a side note, How large is Act one’s map compared to other games out there?

1 Like

suggest you try using the search function… :wink:

Can you link me to the post? I could only find speculation, not word from the devs.

Each Act is planned to be it’s own separate and complete game experience.

So not to be confused with an episodic tale, but more along the lines of true sequels.

The devs felt that once they really fleshed out the story, that they weren’t going to be able to fit all the content they wanted into a single cohesive game. So the intention at this point is to have the story spread across three games or Acts.

We know next to nothing about the other Acts. However it’s safe to assume that they will be natural continuations of the events surrounding the 15th century Kingdom of Bohemia (from 1403 onwards). The reign of Wenceslas IV, his relationship with his half brother Sigismund, Jan Hus and the emergence of Hussitism. Potentially even the eventual Hussite Wars… yea there was a lot going on in and around the kingdom during this period.

I’m banking that the three Acts will no doubt span a story arc over a number of years… As to how long that span is, only the devs know. But we can certainly make some educated assumptions based on what we know of the source material.

4 Likes

read this topic:
map will be 4km x 4km

and this one: