How the game starts

I dont know if this is already a thing, but i would love to have a start with a story instead of spawn just randomly in the world. Maybe there can be alternate starts you can pick from so the game is different for everyone. Maybe from the start you spawn in an area maybe you are stuck in a dungeon or some place and from there each decision u take will end up leading you to a different situation, almost to the point where the game can be completely random from the start. Some ideas can be taken from the elder scrolls series, although dont copy. Pls add to this if u can.

1 Like

Hello @ThelonewolfX0 welcome to the community and thanks for supporting the game.

From your statement it appears you may not be aware that this is story driven RPG (like Witcher series) with a predefined character and story line based around historical events.

How much freedoms we will have within the story line has yet to be revealed but everyone will be playing the same story.

1 Like

Hello @ThelonewolfX0 welcome,
donĀ“t be afraid, their will be a story introduction. I canĀ“t guarantee it will be that epic and breathtaking, but I wouldnĀ“t be surprised :wink:
Warhorse prepares a lot of cutscenes and they know how to tell a story!
February/March we can expect the beta with a little story content.

The alpha 0.4 and (as soon as posible) 0.5 is only for testing gamemechanics and features.

We already have some idea about it.

2 Likes

This might give you some idea. But it is fairly possible that the beginning will be completely different.

True, this is very old document. For example they have recently found that Henrys hometown was not burned down in the Winter, but it was in the Springā€¦

Yes, itĀ“s from 2012; many things have changed. DonĀ“t forget the Kickstarter campaign with the stretch goal 600.000Ā£!

where you can play as a young woman that saves the lead character in the beginning of the game.<

I would be surprised if we donĀ“t see a beginning with much more action,ā€¦more than a bring beer quest :smiley:

I found the ā€˜bring a beerā€™ as a quick and quite ok introduction. Shit hits the fan right after that ( check that timelineā€¦ Womenā€™s quest line would fit somewhere after ā€˜burying the love onesā€™ ).

I also remember that first mafia ( also written by VĆ”vra ) had a slower beginning? ā€¦ Which is fine by meā€¦ You get time to dive into the game and hopefully get upset when they burn your placeā€¦

But yesā€¦ I am completely aware that stuff got changedā€¦

I havenĀ“t more information (than everyone in this forum) and IĀ“am speculating onlyā€¦
Maybe IĀ“am completely wrong, but it would be nice if WH handle with more than one timeline. When we see some flashbacks. ā€¦How his hometown was destroyed and he survived. And how the MillerĀ“s daughter rescued him after all.
Flashbacks are often a good storytelling instrument.
(Yes/No)??? :smiley:

Of course we are only speculating here. The fact is that in that outdated document is mentioned that the first introduction
quest is more or less linearā€¦ So it could start branching later.

Flashbacks could work :wink: . In wither they did

1 Like

I was thinking itā€™d open with a cutscene describing whatā€™s happening at the time. The year is 1403, the King is kidnapped, etc. Enter a scene of Henryā€™s home village, the war horn on the horizon as Cumans ride them down and slaughter people. Henry is clubbed (or some other blunt object) knocking him unconscious. Pan up to a forest overlooking that village. The Millerā€™s daughter was traveling to sell grain, but is now hiding in the trees watching the gruesome scene. Here begins the game.

1 Like

@TheKnightinBlack
Yes, thatĀ“s what I expect!!! Something like that. :smiley:

no, thatā€™s lazy. warhorseā€™s current plan is fine, the events unfold around you.

warhorseā€™s current plan

What is that plan?

I was only aware that we play as the Millerā€™s daughter in order to save Henry from the Cumans while his village was being attacked, his parents being killed and him unconscious, to which she drags him away on a cart and she buries his parents after the Cumans leave.

yes. therefore an overarching framing device from an omniscient narrator describing the civil strife that henry has not yet encountered would seem odd and from a story telling perspective at least, ruin the dramatic moment.

in the initial draft we saw, i think itā€™s the right idea. player comes into this world with an idea and a background. he is given time to both familiarize and set the tone. thereā€™s also a scene with kobyla that gives the scene we saw from e3 some context.

he is described as suspiciously nice. again, i have to hand it off to the direction and writing. that was the first though that occurred to me when i saw that character. so i feel warhorse is doing it right and effective with the direction of the story.

omniscient narrator

I was more thinking the official voice actor for Henry would open up with the narration.

i feel warhorse is doing it right

I agree. I was merely adding my two cents (or two nickels, as Canada has discontinued the penny)

1 Like

What is this for a scene? Can you describe it? I havenĀ“t seen this (I wasnĀ“t at the E3). :smiley:

I believe he meant that kickstarter prototype streamā€¦

yep he is probably talking about the first stream of the game

Mate then this games sucks because i want to make my own story i do not want to play the same game as others i want to make my own group and own banner and own village.

1 Like