I hear there will be no horse combat

I heard it from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX9iMAzGUbY at 13:55. Hope they release a simplified version rather than nothing

I would absolutely not want henry to be able to become some kind of wealthy lord. I just think that horsecombat belongs in a medieval game;)

So According to the video the feature currently is in the works, but wonā€™t appear in Deliverance. It may show up in Act 2 (the sequel). I wonder if they will limit it to melee weapons or if there will be mounted archery as well.

I donā€™t mind the absence of horse combat. I understand the decision. I do hope that they introduce a more effective way of dismounting when attacked by bandits or Cumans on the road. I often find dismounted combat is the most fun and in the end, that is what it is all about. A simple horse combat mechanism lined up against this complex dismounted combat mechanism would totally ruin immersion.

1 Like

Hope they get mounted archers too, I guess it would be authentic for cumans to have mounted archers

Even if they canā€™t work out the melee horse combat, surely mounted archery has to be incredibly easy to implement. It would be nice to be able to talk to people while mounted too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I that will sure be easy to implement, but it will be a bit weird if you can do mounted archery but not attack with melee weapons from horseback

If they do implement horse combat then there should be armor for your horse. The animal will be taking a beating. Records of horse armor is rare though, if nothing else throwing Caparison Garb on it would be neat.

There is already horse armour. Rumours that it will be a dlc ā€¦ are something I just made up. For the lols.

2 Likes

I am sure it will make it into the Kingdom Come Deliverance ā€œuniverseā€ at some point since it is mentioned in the skills description for short swords, but they have other things they should focus on to make the game as immersive as possible: more dialogue and voice acting, some interior environments are also being recycled too often, there are ladders Henry canā€™t climb, characters Henry could eavesdrop on for quests, etc. Right now, most NPCs also look the same or are hardly varied, and I found a book I would have loved to pick up and read. There are even doors I couldnā€™t open or lockpick. For now, I just wish Henry could talk to NPCs while on a horse.

For me it isnā€™t important if Henry is able to do mounted combat or not.
Itā€™s a question about immersion. Cumans are kown for mounted combat.
In my opinion Cumans would only fight on foot in a open battle, if they have to do.
If they have a choice, they will mount their horses and do hit and run tactics.

1 Like

YES!!!..looking goodā€¦but the horse is a bit too fastā€¦ :smile:
Warning: ā€œWork in Progressā€

Twitter - Daniel Vavra

3 Likes

We also have some nice extra for the horse combat in development. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hm, the horse getĀ“s crazzy after the strike from the cumanā€¦ I would say, thatĀ“s good enought for a release. Next feature! :wink:

5 Likes

Ever heard of Arne Koets? He lives in Germany and is probably the best fighter on horseback you can get. If you want to make the mounted fighting really authentic I recommend you to get in touch with him. Iā€™m sure he 'd be very happy.
A small demonstration of his skill
And this one was made with Jason Kingsley from Rebellion, who actually is jousting in his free time ^^

4 Likes

Henry may be poor but that doesnā€™t prevent him from acquiring skills and capturing equipment. My Henry is outfit head to toe with Cuman equipment and, if he associates with Cuman bandits long enough, he should be able to learn their style of combat as well.

As Iā€™ve written elsewhere, itā€™s good for the Bohemians that the Cumans are not fighting in their traditional manner, thereā€™d be a slaughter of peasant levies and knightsā€¦as usual. Iā€™m happy that they donā€™t just jump on their horses and chase after me.

Now that you mention it, they are a studio called WarHorse. HAHA. That would be a bit ironic now wouldnā€™t it? At the same time however I could also see how it would be quiet the challenge if they were to try and implement fighting mechanics similar to how they overcame the normal real fighting mechanics. Theyā€™d have to rig a horse and everything because the horses fighting movements when presented with a challenge would also have to be part of the realism.

2 Likes

I was hoping for Joustingā€¦ but have only seen threads from 2014 asking for it.
I looked because in one of the Downloadable images of the game on this site, there is a Competition groundā€¦ similar to a Jousting arena.