Ingame Nudity ?!

Patrick Stewart: The awesomest person on the planet. There is no debate on this. This is TRUTH. Patrick Stewart is THE AWESOMEST PERSON ON THE PLANET. Period.

Yes, I have been drinking tonight, why do you ask?

Wow, I didn’t expext, that my remark about nudity x killing will start such a disscusion. I wasn’t completly serious, it was just a mockery. What I really meant - I don’t care, or it is not my main concern.
See, this is the most discussed topic (the greatest number of posts) on whole Kingdome Come forum. And that’s something I find rather strange. Is it realy SO important? There will be a mod shortly after the release. I acknowledge nudity can be used as an artistic element in game, it is historical (although it is a bit weird to say this) and so on. But still, there are much more interesting topics

I didn’t quite get the issue of some people having not the ability to run around naked like an idiot. They don’t do it in real life, they barely show themselves nude in public. But this peeping tom attitude seems to be very strong.

I think they didn’t say that there’s no nudity, just no senseless nudity.

If you’re against gay marriage, don’t marry a gay person! If you’re against nudity, don’t spend your day trying to take someone’s clothes off!

I’m not actively seeking out to see naked CG ladies, but I don’t like the idea of removing any historically accurate or physically realistic nudity that may or may not occur in some specific situations simply to avoid offending someone.

Of course, traditional publishers like to minimise risks, and therefore there is no nudity regardless of whether it makes sense to have it in certain situations. Let’s hope an adult kickstarter community can challenge these assumptions.

3 Likes

I seriously can’t believe the response on this subject. Just WOW!

I suspect that the posts are so numerous in this thread, because everyone is an expert and many have strong feelings about it, one way or another. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t aware that nudity had a profession where one could be an expert on it
hmmm maybe a strip club manager?

I think it should be in the game for the only reason to make this game as real as possible now some people might say the next thing im about to say is too far but I would like it to be there, I think sex should be involved and I don’t me Sex simulator 2014 haha but sometime to indicate it is happening how else are you suppose to have a family!

How are you supposed to have a family? Easy. In war people die. Kids are left without parents. Adoption is the way to go. That aside I don’t need options like “thrust, thrust, hump, hump, to the left to the right” it’s just not necessary.

1 Like

I do not perceive any necessity for “expert” being linked to a profession. Anyway, the “expert in nudity” point was an ironic allusion to people’s tendency to claim understanding (hence, expert status) in anything they can do. And anyone can do naked, right? In my culture, we use irony a lot. :sunny:

In my personality I use people’s statements I find humor in to increase the hilarity of the statement :smiley: Thus spreading joy and happiness across the inter-webs!

1 Like

I don’t mind some nudity, it’s simply part of our life, It could be possible to force someone to strip naked only to humiliate him/her (maybe after he loses a duel instead of kill him) or a female character could use seduction over brute force to obtain something or save her life.

4 Likes

Hmm O_O! I think that is a pretty good idea also.

No no nothing like that haha but yeah something that just gives you options to make it happen and your right and what if you had sex with bar maid or bar wench she gets prego’s and then you get a bastard son :wink:

Just like when there is pretend death, with the “realism” in games nowadays we have blood spatter, cries, and decapitations. I don’t get where you are coming from. As with your computer game death, computer game nudity doesn’t leave anyone with psychological harm, because it’s virtual, right? If it’s a fighting game, sure, why would you have nudity. But in a game like this, an RPG, choice should not just be who do can I talk with and who can I fight. It should also be what can I (not) wear. In this game you can get hair cuts. So why not being able to undress.

And to address this, we don’t see naked people all around us, but we do see people killing each other in media, and news. Yes, and no. Nudity is for whatever reason stigmatised, and has been since the dark ages. Violence has never enjoyed this same stigmatisation and so we are left with this awkward moral issue we have today. Walk in public naked? No. Punch someone in the face for threatening you? Sure, go ahead.

We have confirmed now that devs won’t include natural nudity in the game, only when it is necessary to display it. So I believe modders will do that job for us (thankfully).

But yeah, again. Seeing in-game death is like seeing real-life death. Seeing in-game nudity is like seeing real-life nudity. This is of course unless rainbows are added in to make it pg.

I think the realistic part there, is where you put the nudity. Because it’s realistic.

1 Like

I’m an American, and honestly, if this game gets censored I’m going to have more than a few words for whomever has a problem with it. I funded the development of an edgy game that is just as the developers intended
 Not some censored bastard child.

2 Likes

those are really really silly
like hollywood silly.

Without strip clubs this game is no fun. :smiley: (for a lot of people, it seems to me)

1 Like

There is no need for it. Wasting time and resources modelling and texturing male and female genitals is pointless when they could be used on quests etc
 The devs have said its not going to be in the game. How is this conversation still going?

2 Likes

The mere fact this thread has attracted so much attention shows that a substantial amount of people would like it in game.
I don’t see it is a waste of resource, it is just a matter of priorities whether it is going to be in vanilla or need some attention from modders.

1 Like