Ingame Nudity ?!

i think its UK,Germany and Australia that ban most of the games?
Americans otoh accept pretty much everything but only if its made by Rockstar games :wink:

Not banned, being butt hurt and blame everything on them. Originall Mass Effect was used as an example of in game nudity that ruins our childrens. Offcourse this is all bogus but tell the media that.

Australia is simply crazy sometimes.

2 Likes

[quote]You will NOT be able to:

strip naked living characters via thievery
strip naked dead characters
strip naked yourself in the inventory

[/quote]
Thank you.

Itā€™s kind of funny counting the people who are of the mindset of, ā€œWhatā€™s wrong with it? Itā€™s natural!ā€

Violence is a part of our modern culture and is engrossed in nearly every medium we come across. Nudity is not. Not yet.
I was able to play Mortal Online for two weeks, then had to quit. My roommate couldnā€™t handle it because nudity for no real reason (like bathing) is unsettling.

Not everyone has their computer in a private office or bedroom.
Not everyone is comfortable with the idea.
Some people have gasp children and donā€™t like the idea of only being able to play the game at 1 in the morning.

Much like how Knect was marketed for people who own a 20ft x 20ft living room, (therefore screw anyone who might actually live in an apartment,) sometimes it might be a better idea to cater to a wider audience. And in this case, a rating that isnā€™t automatically ā€œAā€.

2 Likes

Because people are repressed and freak-out to nudity,I completely agree with you Lord Crash. This is a mature game
and we are all going to download the nudity mod anyway.The point has been made further up on the forms,if I run naked into town I want the guards to chase me.

1 Like

The question is will they chase you because itā€™s illegal or because they like what they see ^_-

2 Likes

Okay you know how Saints Row handles the nudity,with the censored blur, just have it where we can turn that off or on.
Thereā€™s the middle ground thereā€™s the compromise
personally I think the game should be for adults, but is it so wrong to give them the option to cover their eyes.

Yup. Oh Klaus! Is that censor blur optional? The whole reason I didnā€™t buy the game was because there was freaking censor blur! If I can turn it off I might actually buy it (well also if when turned off thereā€™s no ugly ken doll behind it BLECH) But yes aside from that the point is something like that would be great. Also WHY NOT be able to strip in inventory, if we canā€™t have third person view period at least I want to be able to see my character naked in inventory.

2 Likes

I just donā€™t want to be forced to see nudity, but if you are deliberately taking your pants off, sure why not, the player has to do that. eg: A quest involving chasing down a cult of naked pagan crazy people would be bad.

No I believe the blur in Saints Row is not optional,I was just using it as an example.Just a compromise

Catholic compromiseā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s funny,not the compromise im looking for.

That is so incredibly sad T_T I could almost cry for that statue.

1 Like

Wow. Hereā€™s an interesting statistic. 1.2K people have viewed this thread and 1.2K people have viewed the welcome thread. Assuming everyone first views the welcome thread when they first join the forums that would mean everyone who has joined this forum has viewed this thread at least once.

Hmm well 1.4k have viewed the ā€œwhat do you not want to see in kingdom come deliveranceā€ thread.

oh well I guess 2000 people didnā€™t check out the welcome thread :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the reason why I downgraded my pledge from Pope to Peasant.

10 Likes

did you come here for the prospect of realistic medieval sandbox or unnecessary nudity? for what purpose would you need to get bucknaked using inventory?

streaking across town? facepalm

nice job ransoming your pledge, btw.

3 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed by this as well, but that seems more than a little extreme. Does it really matter that much to you that you get to run around the gameworld naked?

5 Likes

It is a large downgrade, but heā€™s making a point. I think his point is worth while too.
While I understand not being able to strip someone via thievery (unless youā€™re in a cartoon) dead characters canā€™t stop you from stripping them and why the heck couldnā€™t a person get naked. In the inventory youā€™re pretty much looking in a mirror (since there so far is no option to be in third person this is the only time you can see your character with the exception of cut scenes.) If I want to take off my underwear and look at myself in full naked glory why would you stop me? (not you helena, but the game) These are silly restrictions and they matter to some people.

3 Likes