Is Father Simon glitched? (In God's Hands quest) PS4

This quest wants me to find a guy called Father Simon to help some injured dude. But the quest marker is leading me to an NPC that you cannot talk to at all. Has any one managed to complete this quest?

He should able to speak,…
please send a mail to:
support@kingdomcomerpg.com

Thank you!

Will do… he’s not speaking at all. :frowning: And I have the latest patch installed. No prompt appears to talk to him either. Another person in this thread seems to be having the same issue also All bugs i encountered with patch 1.02 installed (ps4)

Thanks for the report, but can you add the region you are in for PS4 as each is a sub-version. For things like this it may be common, but others will be region specific I am sure.

It used to work on PC, but I haven’t had opportunity to get more than a few hours into the tutorial so far.

Hi thanks, I’m in the UK PAL version. On a PS4 PRo

1 Like

Just want to add that I am also having the same bug. I have the Steam version for the UK. The quest just points to someone named ‘Villager’ and from what I can tell he just sleeps all day. There is nothing of not on him if you loot him or his chest either.

Can you wait a while and see if he wakes? Not sure it would help at all, but maybe he had a late night?

Direction to the next quest point he would give if ‘awake’:

Head due north.

2 Likes

He only wakes if you make noise but then all you can do is pick his pocket. I failed that part of the quest but did the rest so not a major problem.

I have the same issue, is it possible to skip this step and move onto the next step in the quest? If so what’s the location? Is it far from Rovna? So far I found a few charcoal burner camps, but that’s it.

I have reported this bug as well as others today via e-mail to support. The quest was indeed bugged as you mentioned yourself, I could not talk to the villager at all and tried many things, nothing worked. Ultimately this part of the quest will fail and you will have to report to Yohanka saying “I can’t do anything anymore”. The rest of the quest will work, but not this part.

I suggest skipping this quest as it stands at the moment. So don’t talk to Yohanka or brother Nicodemus or to the wounded people at the Monastery, I think all of them can activate the quest.

@MrSoKoLoV
I’m guessing you mean the quest giver Johanka… Or at least thats what shes called in my game. I’ve tried talking to her but she does not give me that option to say “I can’t do anything anymore.”. So this quest is literally just stuck in my journal until it gets patched… Unless of course this is a timed quest and it will eventually fail automatically. The fact that it’s giving you that option and not me means that is another bug with the quest right? D:

I’m just wondering if it has anything to do with what part in the main story you’re at… Cause I find it quite odd that this villager NPC is just stuck in some completely dead town and how are you supposed to even get your reputation up in this town when it’s practically a wasteland? I started this sidequest and I’m very early into the main quest… I literally just started doing sidequests as soon as it gave me the option to explore the world map after you go back to henrys home town.

If anyone can actually fine Father Simon on the map. Please post a screen shot to his location on the map… Just maybe if you find him without having to go to the villager… The quest will update itself.

The quest to find Father Simon is a seperate quest called “A man of the cloth”. Have you ever talked to the villager? if you have you should have this quest. If not I’m not sure what to tell you.

For me, and some others, that villager is bugged, I’ve stood around for days trying to get him to talk, but he doesn’t. It’s good to know it’s a separate quest though, I reloaded a day old save before i went to the monastery, I’ll go check with the villager first. Thanks

1 Like

I thought it was glitched when I went to him. I talked to him once and then it just kept pointing me to the villager (thus how I ended up here). I didn’t realize you actually never could talk to him at all. In any case if I get to a point I find where he is I’ll see if I can show the point on the map.

My game has just updated to 1.03, only just. Which is 1.2 on the title screen but it hasn’t fixed this bug. :frowning:

I’ve posted a video of the issue right here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2iTWyLFQQ

Father Simon has been found using screenshots here on reddit

Here guys https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/941686516764916003/23C1D76BE86F8C00515B6746B5F4C4CF25DEC0AD/ ,

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/941686516764916003/23C1D76BE86F8C00515B6746B5F4C4CF25DEC0AD/ ,

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/941686516764915570/F4674AB47311423B15444A4970BEDB33CBFA5890/

credit goes to IMScientist on reddit. :slight_smile: I’ve just managed to update the quest using these screenshots. Villager will still need fixing though. The only thing worrying me now is, where do you start this “A man of the cloth” quest? Is that quest related to father simon? Don’t tell me only the bugged villager gives out this quest?

1 Like

It looks like you can only get the man in the cloth quest from a villager NPC in ROVNA and the glitched dude is the only villager there as far as I can tell. I think I’m going to put this game on hold until theres a few patches in place. Also I heard the last patch messed a few things up as well. An I really want to play knowing I’ll get all the trophies but if the sidequests are glitched like this, I’d rather not waste my time.

1 Like

Found out how to talk to the villager, you need to complete the Awakening main quest first and then you can speak to the villager… I’m not sure if that’s intentional game design but it still seems like a bug to me.