Is the beta on Steam or will it be soon?

I just purchased the Collector’s Edition with the knowledge that I would get beta access on Steam. However I can’t find any steam activation keys but I did download the beta launcher. Whenever I try downloading with the beta launcher it keeps running into errors before it can barely get going causing the download to stop, error "An error has occurred while downloading the necessary installation files. Do you want to try again? And when I try again it downloads maybe 300kb and gives the same error. This essentially makes the open beta access pointless for me.

My question is, Steam works very well for me with downloads and wondering if and when I can get beta access on Steam? Otherwise I won’t be able to play till it fully releases in 2017 sometime :frowning:

Hello timblegoorn, I have opened a ticket for you, first we want to take a look at the issue, maybe we can fix it.
https://support.kingdomcomerpg.com/issues/505

We need the installation log, in order to determine what is going on. Look for these files:

c:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\KCD_Beta_Access_*.log

where %username% is your name of your Windows user and the star represents anything (mostly numbers, should look like this: KCD_Beta_Access_20160907103122.log).
You can use a shortcut: enter %temp% (it’s case insensitive) in File Explorer address bar and it should take you directly to system temporary directory, where you would just look for those files.

KCD_Beta_Access_20160906195239.log (241.9 KB)

Alright I just attached the log.

1 Like

Unfortunately this log file is not helpful. It just shows that launcher was closed a few minutes after the download had started. We need a log file that was created, when that error was shown. Do you have another log?

Sorry for the late reply. Since then I’ve faithfully downloaded it through the launcher over the past couple days, if it stops I just start it up again, thankfully it didn’t erase prior progress.But I got it working now and played for the first time a few hours ago :slight_smile: Game looks great so far, really looking forward to the full release. Is the beta receiving anymore updates or will this be it till launch?

1 Like

As we have our focus on the final release right now, we will not update the Beta anymore to work faster and deliver earlier.