Is this legal?

Edit:(actually for me too, it’s 2:30 here :see_no_evil:) IT really is to late, 2 people Reading your comment wrong directly one after another :smiley: i should Go to ned now

He’s responding to neon saying that if he buys something broken he should be able to return it, and that he is buying something so that he doesn’t have to understand it but still have it.

Edit: Read it wrong, you knew what he was talkin bout just not how you knew, my bad

1 Like

havent had a single bug and I’m 60hours in (PC)
the game is better than expected
only issue for me is performance

I dunno how to quote so I copy and pasted

DrFusselpulli
Community Manager4d
We are still working on the game and it will not stay in its current state for long. We are here constantly engaged upon improving Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
We don´t want to blame Deep Silver, the situation is way more complicated here. Deep Silver generously gave us essential support to the development of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the game wouldn´t exist without their great help. Yes, in some aspects maybe even more help than ideal. From the perspective of the game, a later release date maybe could have been beneficial. But the game was already pushed back in release several times, which was good for its state.

On the other hand, the release date wasn´t unknown for us at Warhorse as well, and better optimization processes in the workflow of the development of the game could have helped too. We were working on it, but we could have done better here. This is very difficult for a new company and a new team, the learning curve is steep here.
Maybe we could have also also cut down our ambitions for the game a bit, more so than we already did. There is no blacksmithing in the game, combat on horseback is made simpler than planned, some of the stretchgoals from the Kickstarter campaign are not available at the release, like the dog companion or a playable female character.
Some Kickstarter backers are angry at us because we don´t offer them printed manuals or a steel case because our budget is very tight and we had to make the difficult decision to better put the money into the development of the game instead to make it as good as possible before the release.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance was about compromises from the beginning. We were always grappling with the tough decisions on how to make the most of our ever changing situation. That’s why we had to go to Kickstarter in the first place, we needed to prove to our Investor that there is a Market for this game because initially all publishers refused to believe our game would be a viable and profitable option.
Just because we had an investor didn’t mean we had endless possibilities. We have been beholden to a tight budget and we had to operate within its borders to make the best out of it. This is our space where we can get creative and develop our ideas and the game.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance was always a game on the edge of possibilities, we were always pushing the limits.

One of the compromisies are that our game was released in the state as it is right now and that to some people means that they have serious problems when playing the game, while for others the game runs well.
Everyone suffers from this situation. Some of you have to deal with bugs right now, some more, some less, and we as the developers had to release a game in a state in which we are not satisfied yet (that’s why we are still working on the patches with eagerness), sometimes personal sacrifices of the team during the development and also our Co-Publisher Deep Silver and our Investor, will have to deal with lower sales than possible from a business perspective.
We at Warhorse are also a business company as well, but Kingdom Come: Deliverance was never just about money, it was about the idea of a realistic medieval RPG, a game with a different approach than other games from the beginning. If we wanted to create a game which gives us the maximum amount of money, it would have lootboxes & microtransactions.
But that was never our goal, and we have to deal with the consequences and make decisions on how to get to our goal at the end, even if that means that it’s not smooth sailing.
But despite all the problems which are there, without question, the game in itself is still a huge success, and most people have an amazing gaming-experience. And we will not stop here, we are not there yet, we will fix the bugs and the crashes, to bring this experiance also to the people who still have problems. Thank you for your support.
Kingdom Come Deliverance Finally a Proper RPG! Rant!
16 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Proof that they are constantly working on the game to improve it.

2 Likes

More proof

Or like that to prove I haven’t made it up.

Now to me if they were that aware it wasn’t in a good position to be released then they should have been honest and made it clear the game is not representive of the final product like they do with betas. Then they either sell it for less like a normal indie developer who needs further funding to fix their games or keep it a high price and let those who want to invest pay the AAA price. When I bought the game I didn’t expect to be investing in a game that was unplayable.

1 Like

They shouldn’t sell it for less because that means the bugs get fixed less.

At what point have I ever said they weren’t working on the game?!

The point is they sold a broken game for full AAA price. A game they knew was broken!

I don’t buy a game to fund there ability to fix it!

3 Likes

Can you Imagine how complicated it will be to say 2 Weeks before Release to all the companies Like Amazon, Steam, Microsoft, PSN and so forth that they should Change the price to 30€ instead of 50? So you know about Business plans and Things Like that and what it would mean to make such a Change?

Are you for real?!

They never said I was buying the game to help them fix the bugs. I’m not a backer!

If I buy on release I expect a working product with a tolerance for some bugs.

Not a game that is broken and unplayable. I don’t buy a piece of broken furniture to fund the carpenter being able to buy new tools and fix it later.

I appreciate bugs but not completely broken products.

3 Likes

Only as complicated as all those companies issuing refunds for a broken game a week after release.

I’m not saying the price 2 weeks before release so your taking it out of context I’m saying the price before it ever went on those stores should have been considered. They are not AAA, they haven’t produced a working product so why sell it like they are in the big leagues?

unfortunately you were unlucky, idk why some can play and some dont… its clearly broken but most people can play the game just fine… and the others will too… this is clearly not what warhorse expected… I guess they just didnt test enough, probably their playthoughs went pretty smooth now with hundres of thousands of players problems occur. Warhorse is just inexperienced

Operating on a tight budget, chances are the release was forced (at least in part) by ressources running out, investors expecting money back, etc.

So either release it NOW, survive, and get round to continue work to fix the issues, or see the thing crash and burn, with not only the game not getting released at all, but the money also gone, company dead and people unemployed.

And if it’s not quite there yet, and they are running out of time/budget, selling it at half the price is’nt gonna help at all, but excercabate the problem further…

In theory it is all nice to say, this shouldnt have happened, but in practice I am willing to be more lenient with a new developer, that is a small team, and as opposed to EA and other gaming giants, has not multiple franchises, recurring spening models and financial fat arses to fall back on.

3 Likes

funnily enough, in my country, if you buy a thing and it is defective, you are entitled to get a refund, or a replacement, but the supplier is entitled to a chance of repairing/correcting the item.

1 Like

I never thought you made it up.

I read what you pasted; I just didn’t know if we saw the same thing.

I read that post by the community manager a little differently. I read that as I would my own efforts for third party content for video games- I’m never satisfied with the results, and at some point I have to say “this is it”, or development literally never ends.

But I, personally, would have written up that explanation a LOT differently. It leaves the door open for opportunities to read between too many lines. Yowch I never would have typed that.

From pro experience with items that use software in life-saving equipment, sometimes we must rush out an upgrade or update. I can’t get more detailed than that, sorry. We know problems may exist and we have plans in place for rectification. We inform customers that a feature may not be optimum up front. I’m sure some customers must feel it’s shady, but it is done (by our competitors, too) in order so that the equipment can be in place when needed for the other 99% of the things it’s needed for.

That’s not a perfect analogy I know, but the point is that whether it’s a 60 buck game or a 2 million dollar hazmat system, software’s a bitch. But while it’s a bitch iit’s also never a good enough excuse.

Whilst I agree with your comments about EA and other giants some of the horrible business models they use today like loot boxes etc are because of gamers tolerances to being ripped off. Devs just keep pushing the boundaries of how little content they can put in a game… how much content they can charge you for inside a game you’ve already paid for via loot boxes etc

It’s the same as accepting a game that’s not been finished correctly… basically being sold a beta. The more devs get away with it the more it becomes the norm.

1 Like

Lootboxes etc. are, however, deliberately designed concepts to milk the costumers of their money to maximize profits.

This KC:D situation really appears to be just a release gone more rough than expected.

1 Like

I personally think, context also often matters.

If a master tailor and a tailor apprentice make me a suit, and both pinch at the armscy, both are less than perfect and need more more.

If the master tailor had the skills but was just lazy, that is more of an issue, than the apprentice just not being that experienced yet.

taking out the great club and bludgeoning into the pulp the apprentice doesnt help…