Kingdom Come: Deliverance... Movie!?

Thanks for the tip. It could be so, I don’t have any data for it, generally I watch only few czech films per year - carefully selected ones, since I’m not that much interested in various chamber social dramatas or whatever. I’m not much into horror stories either. But since Ghoul has 62% and another 2015 film, Fotograf, has also 62%, I don’t consider it that much above average. Rather average ones.

The most succesful, last time I looked, was still Dark Blue World (aka czech version of Titanic… this time in skies), with actual 80% rating on CSFD. Also film Cosy Dens has 91% which is probably more, than any other czech or czechoslovak film achieved in history.

But when it comes to historic movies, it’s much, much worse. There was some ‘In the name of the King’ movie going few days back in TV, and it had just one thing - Karel Roden. Otherwise it was a disaster. I heard it was based on some Vondruska’s novels, so I only hope there will be more funds and better scenarist for other works from him, J. Cervenyak or Z. Koubkova. And Sapkowski’s hussite trilogy also wasn’t filmed yet, was it? Maybe another important task yet waiting for Dan Vavra… heh :blush:

I find a very interesting article about Jan Zizka:

Hope you will like. :smile:

A weasel know that chance is pretty high we will see Jan ŽiŞka in the game. :wink:
Maybe not Act I but there is a suspicious link between the world of kingdom come and ŽiŞka.

maybe some Spoilerwarning:

In the Game we will play as Henry son of a Blacksmith from Stříbrná Skalice. This town was property of a Knight called Racek Kobyla and he will be our Lord in the game, but chances are high he will not survive it, because in 1403 king Wenceslaus IV confers castle of Skalice to another knight called Johann Sokol of Lamberka. But how was this possible if Racek Kobyla is owner of castle? Because dead people don´t own property… So knight Johann Sokol of Lamberka will be our new lord if Racek Kobyla is dead.
In 1410 Johann Sokol of Lamberka fought against the knights of the teutonic order in the lower Vistula Land, and one of his men was Jan ŽiŞka. Maybe they were friends and know each other since some years. So, as you see, there is some historical accurate place to meet Jan ŽiŞka in the game. But -Pssst-, Warhorse don´t know, we already know their storyline :kissing_heart:

1 Like

spoiler warning:
one of the acts will definitely feature battle of grunwald, so almost confirmed will meet zizka. also, google racek kobyla you can know what happens to him with google translate.

1 Like

Great idea :smiley:

Edit: looks like Racek Kobyla died later in 1416, but why does he lost his castle then?

Quick wiki search reveals that at some point ŽiŞka was bandit and he met ( probably worked with) Jan Sokol of Lamberk, Racek Kobyla and with Hynek of Kunshtat known as Dry Devil.

Some clear up:
Sokol - Falcon
Racek - seagull
Kobyla - mare

1 Like

When Zigismund abducted his brother Venceslav IV. He then continued to plunder and kill through out the lands. He took Kutná Hora in 1402 and soon after he get to Skalice caste of which Racek Kobyla was in charge. (he was governor of Stříbrná Skalice put there by knight Ctibor of Skalice).
Racek fled through a secret passage. The castle was destroyed.
In 1403 Venseslav IV. gifted this ruin to Jan Sokol of Lamberk.

Racek Kobyla turned brigand remaining that for twelve years. He then was granted royal pardon by Vesleslav IV. and he was granted a title of provincial Marshal.
When hussitisim (?) was spreading he was sent to KutnĂĄ Hora in concerns for royal treasure. This lead to death of his and his twelve helpers. They were killed by a mob of miners.

This should clear it up.

2 Likes

I see there is an advantage of speaking czech into this topic. :smiley:
Thanks for the inforamtion about their history, I checked about Stříbrná Skalice and already knew why Kobyla left his castle, and yes it burned down. But weren´t the ruins still his property? How can Venseslav IV. gifted this to Jan Sokol of Lamberk if it was not his property?

1 Like

As I said above Kobyla was put in the governor (hejtman) post of Skalice by knight Ctibor of Skalice.
So thecnically Kobyla did not own Skalice.

Also I believe that even if he was the owner it would not matter because he turned brigand. And that is reason enough to take it from him, I’d say.

1 Like

Ah, okay, good to know, thanks. And yes, you are right if he turned brigand the king could expropriate him.

I fonud another source.
There is witten that Skalice in 1403 belonged to Venceslav IV. himself and he put Kobyla in burgraves post there.
But that is not really important, is it.

2 Likes

Fun fact after few years. Petr JĂĄkl was a model for Runt.

Andrei Rublev
Marketa LazarovĂĄ
La Reine Margot
Arn - The Knight Templar
Eleonor

The movie shooting starts in few weeks. Jan Zizka will be played by Ben Foster and Michael Caine should be a fictional character named “Lord Boresh”. Overall it wraps up pretty neatly, I hope the screenplay isn’t complete garbage, but I highly doubt Caine would be a part of something bad.

nice

i agree with you

Actually I found an extraordinary cinematographed masterpiece:
Alexander Nevsky (1938)

I would like to go on a movie like that, but KDC is not such a popular game that films and series are made about it. Movies with “Fire and Sword” are really good and have a similar atmosphere, the whole movie is great, here is link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buJIJz3O9zs you can switch subtitles

I’ve read the synopsis on historicalmovie.com - sounds like another corny and anti-German machwerk.

The Other Bohemian Girl

if you want hussite movie watch hussite trilogy from 50s … ofc there is some propaganda (it had to be there in those times), but it is very subtle in my opinion. Anyway costumes are much better than most of modern fantasy crap we see everywhere today. For hussite period bohemia its probably still the best movie you can watch today.