Let's play, beta or alpha?

Hey guys, my name is stalli.
A few of you may have heard of me posting around the forums, and this is my way of communicating to you and other loyal kingdom comers - is that even a good name for us haha
anyway I am planning to play through kingdom come on my youtube channel stalli111. And am after your help.
Should I do it now, wait till the beta with more features and do a proper story walkthrough in the final game or should i just wait until the full release.

i know we don’t need another lets play, but I hope to make things a little different and hopefully more enjoyable with my love for the game.

Any opinions on this will be grateful, and hopefully many of you are keen to respond, positively or negatively haha

The most important thing about this is, that you have fun!
If you want to make a walkthrough now, then take this mood and make it. If you think you would like to do it better on beta, then do it in a couple of weeks. :wink:

2 Likes

I would wait for second patch of beta (thats the one that could actually work :D) and then do full beta playthrough :))

1 Like

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

1 Like

Well, experience talking here :smiley:
I am not saying it will be unplaylable, but lot of first released betas has some bugs that can completely stop your progression, so I wouldn´t really recommend doing a video series right away, if it could be so rudely interrupted.
In first release, looking for new mechanics and stuff would be my personal priority, and only after that, when most severe bugs are gone I would go for complete playthrough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Check other Games :wink: I’m a huge fan of Stonehearth and the first few Beta (edit: mean Alpha, there is no Beta until now) versions was not playable at all. Bugsplash every few seconds. And that happens every few Updates again, thats why it called Alpha and Beta. There is nothing “bad” in calling it by the name of it, or?

Even at big Publishers like Blizzard, the first Beta versions which gets released are sometimes not playable… even the real Game (look at all Day 1 Patching over the last years) are not playable… so I doubt a lack of faith here if someone say:“Hey, better wait for a stable version of the Beta until you start a Let’s Play.” its just an smart Advice.

1 Like

BETA!!!
Alpha is kinda boring to me now after just 48 hours of gameplay (Thats not much compared to other people on here xd)

I’ve only got about 22 hours. but I imagine i would have soo much more if i did not have as many issues with optimisation. Its cause im running it with an AMD processor and GPU. Which seems to be the problem with lower performances. Well from what ive heard on the forums.

Speaking of beta, has Warhorse mentioned a date for release? I got any email about 2-3 days ago.

"in a matter of months."
I believe it was originally planned for mid feb, but i think it will be more end of feb if not mid march. not confirmed by any means though.

1 Like

I’d wait for beta, it’s coming out this month from what I’ve heard. It’s supposed to start the story as well as make the map bigger, and optimization. Good luck on your vids

There has not been a month specified for Beta rlease.

The only official info still remains Q1 2016 which is anytime between 01/01/2016 - 03/31/2016.

The latest info about the beta release, from @DrFusselpulli

A release in January is very unlikely.
We don´t know definitely, if the game (“beta”) will release in February or March…

I hope they can do it mid-March… :smile:

1 Like

A january release is definitely not happening or warhorse have recently just blatantly lied to us. in the recent KS post they said in the “matter of months”. posted 3 days ago.

Yes, don´t expect the Beta on january. February or march is possible.

2 Likes

Yea I used to get 10 fps on a good day with 800x600 resolution my old pc. Now I have “upgraded” (buying a new one and putting it together) but I didn’t know that AMD stuff was pretty bad, and now I get 25-30 fps with 1360x768 resolution :slight_smile: but on other games that are ok with AMD i can run pretty much full graphics
Honestly I think its cryengine. To me, the engine is over rated and probably shouldn’t have been chosen, BUT that is just my opinion.

Just remember that the game is still in Alpha. Optimizations and performance patches will be released, greatly increasing the FPS of the game. Not to mention, drivers will be released specifically for the game (hopefully) by NVIDIA and AMD in the future when the game is fully released.

If I were you, I would personally keep making videos discussing game updates as well as making gameplay videos. I would hold off on a complete Lets Play until the game is official released in its full state. Just my opinion though =D

Well, what other engine do you think would work better for this game? There is not that many options, and most others are usually even worse than cryengine, or can´t be easily licensed :slightly_smiling:

And from my experience, current bad fps is usually not because engine and/or graphics. It can be easily tested, by lowering details etc. as it has almost no real effect on fps (I went from minimum to maximum and lost only about 3 fps on average). Current situation is most likely caused by very advanced but quite problematic AI, which is highly demanding on CPU power (and also causes problems when creating save system)

2 Likes