Little Golden Crosshair

I’m not really a huge fan of the little golden ball crosshair. What are your thoughts on it and do you think it would be possible to turn it off?

2 Likes

Most games give an option to turn crosshairs off, and for added immersion and challenge, turning crosshairs off would be pretty good. :smile:

It also would be nice if you can customize your crosshair like in counterstrike global offensive.

1 Like

Turning off the crosshair is a MUST in my opinion!
I want maximum immersion and any visible hud, especially a crosshair, ultimately ruins it.

The only crosshair you’ll probably see is the one in the 1 on 1 fights. Archery doesn’t have any crosshair and this for a good reason: Bow and arrow is deadly. You won’t hit the target often but when you do it’s most likely deadly.

It should possible to switch on and off everything you want.
For example In Metro :last light you only had the possibility to have the strongest enemy’s if you turn of the complete HUD. I don’t want to have something like this in KCD.

Yeah, the freedom to choose your own style is the best possible option.
Understand - the ability to switch every interface detail on and off (Dishonored style), but with an IMPORTANT difference of @warhorse making the game completely playable without any HUD or quest markers etc.
This can be achieved by proper gameplay design, which of course we all know they are willing to do and capable of.

IMO complete freedom of choice could harm designed gameplay. If you could switch on a crosshair for archery for instance, you would get ultimate weapon and it would totaly destroy the balance and realism.

I don’t think that you have the ultimate crossbow if you have a crosshair. The distance to the target is important , how long you pull the bowstring and if you are moving.

1 Like

only … if the arrow despite a perfectly targeted launch in spite of the many disturbances (wind, distance, movement of the target) finds its way into a directly leading to death of the body. Otherwise, the enemy is still dangerous, can flee, determine the direction from which the shot came. Also had bowmen skirmishers, so armored highly mobile and only slightly. Unlike in Pavesen Crossbowmen, their drawback was the slow rate of fire. A lack of accurate way to aim is an unrealistic disadvantage for those types of weapons.

I think I will use the crosshair if it is enabled by default and if I cannot aim properly without it, but an option to turn it off for the purpose of realism and atmosphere should be implemented and that shouldn’t be too difficult too.

Was there already a discussion elsewhere, especially for bows. Think if the targets is programmed correctly on the weapon itself (arc center / arrowhead), you can do without a crosshair. The problem is actually the side view of the bow. Realistic looks the shooter in straight flight above the arrow and the target is partially hidden by the bow, so the weapon itself forming the crosshair.

Crosshairs should be, as been said, able to be switched on and off. Sometimes it’s good to have one (like when gauging distance to a small object on a table). For reference, the elder scrolls games get annoying fast with crosshair turned off when you’re trying to pick stuff up or activating things, whereas in combat the crosshair is in the way. A simple on/off toggle on the keyboard would help, or context sensitive crosshair.

1 Like

Must be tested in the game, I think. Exciting it would be, real to aim, the view is so restricted example through the helmet even in a sword fight.