Load and save?

Any progress on the load/save front? Will we be getting a load/save fixed patch anytime soon?

Unfortunately not, the next update will be about localisation. The safe load funktion will not be finalized in beta.

so, will there be a gamma test as well?

:neutral_face: Damn man, that puts a hamper in my interest to test. I understand it cannot be rushed but its still a bummer.

Is there any plan to implement any of the other features that are not currently implemented, or are we waiting on the final release as well?

1 Like

I’m with you there man… without some of these key issues being addressed in the beta, it really inhibits our playability, and re-playability.

I’m all for bug hunting and testing, but without a stable save / load capability at the very least… motivation wavers

And as @ahangor asks, are there plans for post beta versions prior to final release? (This ones directed at you Doc)

2 Likes

Well… What can I say?

Until the load/save is fixed I won’t be recommending KCD to anyone (and will be apologizing to those I did recommend it to that actually signed up).

This really leaves the game pretty much unplayable as far as finishing the main quest goes. And make it look as though WH regards backers as a necessary evil rather than an asset.

How can they build a serious test suite without a working load? Standard SW testing methodology involves setting up a known state, applying stimulus, checking that the proper thing happened.

If beta testers could submit a saved game, with instructions on what to do next to cause an issue it would make bug fixing much easier, not to mention setting up a regression test to ensure the problem doesn’t creep back in.

Localization instead of load/save? Man, WH is straining out gnats and swallowing camels.

As you can imagine Localization is much easier to do, and does not really depend much on coding department.
On the other hand fixing load/save feature is dependant on solving many other code problems, which takes time.

So it is not Localisation against Load/save.

To the matter of updates for beta, I dont actually know much about that, but I know that it is a lot of work to release somewhat testable and playable version, which could and surely would delay the release date even more.
So yea it might mean that some features wont be fixed until release.

Or potentially post release, once more bugs and issues are identified :confused:

1 Like