Martin Klíma vs Viktor Bocan?

So there is one question I sometimes ask myself. How does Martin Klíma (ex-Codemasters) and Viktor Bocan (ex-Bohemia Interactive) fit in the same team?
Does it work well, or are there some troubles about the past? Does they even talk about what happens in the past?
How does Viktor feel about about Operation Flashpoint Dragon Raising, while Bohemia Interacitve had lost their title because of the dispute between Codemasters and Bohemia interactive. I mean, Operation Flashpoint Cold war Crisis was the big game of Bohemia interactive and Viktor was its Lead Designer, it was his child like Mafia I was the one of Daniel Vávra. And than after the clash, Codemasters got the name and Boheima Interactive had to start with the ArmA series.
I do not doubt in the skills of Martin Klíma, he surely know how to do his job and maybe he is a friendly person (don´t know him, so I can say nothig about him). And now they have to work together in this czech allstar dreamteam Warhorse. This even gives me a strange feeling, how do they think about it? How do they think about their past?
Is there still a kind of beef between ex-codemasters and ex-bohemia interactive? Is Viktor mad or can he forgive about it?

and I am not the only one:

2 Likes

I don’t know either of them, but it doesn’t seem to me like an issue at all. These things are business and I really doubt that they had any say in it, it’s matter of owners/shareholders. Why would be former employee of one company angry on former employee of another company because of some conflict in which they were not even involved? I mean, not only it would be highly unprofessional, but imo also stupid.

Maybe because they identify with the product? Making games is a really creative job and that mean it is a part of self-actualization. That is the reason why warhorse existed, Daniel Vavra wanted to make a medival RPG, it is his dream, his wish. Self-actualization.
And I think also Viktor and Martin maybe does their jobs not only for money, but also because they like their jobs and their products, they are surely proud about what they have build.
Yes, they are professionals, and I do not doubt in their abilities. But they are also humans, and humans have feelings. And even if they work together in a perfect team, what does they think about each other? Does they share a beer after the work together, or does they only do what is necessary?

I think they probably get along. They both like realism, and they both like the game they’re creating, and I think it may give them old memories before the companies had a clash and are glad they are working together. If Bohemia and Codemasters wouldn’t have made that stupid dispute, they would probably have made the best OF or Arma games ever, and i think they realize that and this is how they seem to fix that old issue? Say lol “Grandparents have a kind of a second chance to raise their children again and make things ‘right’” maybe that kind of thing?

1 Like

I think that’s the reasons why they leave, both.
Everything was good but bosses kicked them away with ideas.
or something like that :blush:
Why ask something due to which you write the answer itself.