New graphics card

so I want to maybe look into changing my card, I know nothing about how to do it. what do I need to know about my pc when choosing? I really don’t want to put a lot into this pc because my primary gaming is done on ps4. don’t want to change fans and all that other stuff. I don’t care if its an older card. but I don’t know how to install them or format them.

You just take the card out and put the new one in there. You need to know what cpu you have so your gpu dont get bottleneck(or the other way around). Also if the pci-e is right one for the new gpu and you wanna check that if your psu gives enough power. Im not that great of explaining lol but i build my own pc.

Edit: You should also think what you need. For example do you need super high performance like 60+fps and very high graphics or you are fine with like 60fps and very low? Also it depends what monitor you have. Like if you got 1080p monitor you dont need titan x for that.

First post your specs.

That’s all I have at the moment

So you dont have dedicated gpu atm?

That’s all the info I have right now I’m at work

Okay. So what exactly you are looking for from the gpu?

It’s a new computer. Bought it last year. I just want to be able to run games at standard or above average

What would your price range be?

Like I said cheap. I don care if it’s older but better. Don’t have a lot of spare cash right now

I’m just now barely able to run deus ex human revolution

I dont really know what to suggest because i dont know what the price range should be.

Under a $100 and that’s only cause I saw used ones and old new ones on ebay

Anymore money and I might as well invest in a steam machine

you don’t know how to do the pintscreen function? yikes, might want to consult some professionals and have them install for you, to be honest.

Hmm. Well you should go for used one then. Something like AMD Radeon R7 260X.

Edit: Before you decide anything make sure to look your power supply that it has enough power delivery. 400W should work fine.

To be fair not everyone is not that interested about this stuff. I am so i did some research for him-.-

@213 No that’s why I use console. I put the disc in, I play.
I in general hate pc’s. I know nothing about them other than gettin then to do what I want and that’s it. Instead of yikes, inform me of what you are talking about with the pintscreen

I’ll see if I can find my PC on best buys website.