New stretch goal idea for the pledge goal

Soo it might be short, so I was thinking, will limb loss or decapitation, blood loss, be implemented in the game? If not it would be realistic if you chop someones hand off that is not protected by chain mail or other type of armour. Also precision striking, not only be able to hit your foes where the head is because that will have very ‘‘robotic’’ feel to it, but the ability to aim, for his legs, thighs, hands, arms, neck (if not protected), slashes where collar bone is, piercing through light leather, these type of things. Would be cool to see that you can aim for certain body part and if blood loss made a difference in this game. Please dont say (boooo, dont tell the DEVS what to do!) just an idea guys!

2 Likes

i like it ! fill fill

That was discussed before:

It’s long, I know but the first posts should give you an idea on how realistic such decapitation is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well decapitation is not ‘‘hard’’ as in it can be done with a sharp blade, especially with a great sword. And im not talking only about decapitations but aiming your hits. Like I said exposed limb with little to no armour should at least make a big enough cut that he would maybe stumble or fall to the ground. And not only the linear combat system that we have seen, hit wait you hit wait he hits wait you hit wait he hits wait you hit wait block hit wait you hit.

Decapitation is hard this is not a Hollywood movie where someone is decapitated with a butter knife. People wore something called armor not to mention the weapon would have to get through bone, muscle and skin. Axes would decapiate easier than swords probably but still it wouldn’t be easy unless they are perfectly still at a chopping block.

1 Like

Im not talking about full on armoured opponent, but maybe not decapitation, but a blow to the neck where the blade go through arteries and skin maybe the spine. Dont only focus on the decapitation part, look at the rest and then please give feedback :smiley: The ability to aim your sword where you hit, and not robotic combat that we have seen, yes, some counters and blows but it looked too robotic and didnt have any natural feel to it. As in strike block stop, strike blow stop, strike blow stop.

Yeah but i couldn’t ignore you saying decapitation was easy because it far from it. This game already seems to have precise hitting i think theres like 25 different attack directions. Watch the combat video or the live stream.

1 Like

And in those combat videos they haven’t even shown all the attack directions, and that’s also only for a single weapon, the longsword. I agree as it stands @MINTEEER that the combat LOOKS slightly robotic, but we’ve only seen a sliver of the actual combat, since there will also be other weapons not just sword for combat. Decapitation would be awesome but if you’re fighting someone with no armor, not even leather, then that person is probably not going to be fighting you back but running, since you’d have the clear advantage… or they’re some super ninja awesome fighter who doesn’t need armor in which case you’re the one in trouble. Cool idea, not just decaps but the idea of major blood loss and debilitating injuries. I feel like there was a post/thread/video at some point which did highlight some of these topics, if i can find it i’ll post it here later.

1 Like

Videos would be much appreciated or at least the topic about it. Cheers guys!

Remember also that most (if not all) of the videos we’ve seen so far were done with a far inferior animation system than they have now. @warhorse has built a full Mo-Cap studio since these videos showing combat were made. I’m sure the finished product will look nothing like what we’ve seen so far. Although, while admittedly robotic, you can’t deny that even as jerky as it is in the KS vids, it’s still pretty sexy :wink: LOL

3 Likes

hollywood here we come!

1 Like

Would not it be nice once to see the “Goal’s” from the KS campaign in all its beauty …? :wink:

Well, yeah, that’s what we call “full version game”, isn’t it? :smiley: