New stretch goal(s)

Hello there!

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask or discuss about it and I tried searching on it with outdated results.

So I noticed the 2 million dollar milestone may soon be reached. So I was wondering if the developers have mentioned, or may have mentioned before, on what their next goal(s) would be with their respective features.

3 Likes

At 200 billion they are going to recreate the entire game world somewhere in Europe. Oh wait I’m drunk…

1 Like

As far as I know no new goal was mentioned.

Personally, I would love to see addition of period firearms as a next stretch goal. The game takes place mere 18 years before the world’s first use of firearms during a field battle in the Battle of Kutná Hora (and mere 30 kms to the south-west geographically), so being able to fire the pioneering píšťála and hákovnice (which were used only during sieges in 1403) would be wonderful!

1 Like

I’d like if they would put more focus on the tournament mode, so maybe something tournament related could be a next goal. The other thing I’d like to see is either more plants and animals or better nature sounds

Since it’s obvious they are already behind the plan, it’s very unlikely that next stretch goals will be new features or any added content. Otherwise it would only mean postponing the game release and I really doubt anyone wants this. And I think it’s still time for a new stretch goal till the october. Right now, money are increasing pretty slow and I guess it won’t be better before the alpha release.

2 Likes

Dan once said that if they had enough money, they would make all kinds of weather effects in the game. I’m not totally sure if it was not just a joke, but imo that’s something that could make the game better but is not that important.

they have rain and thunderstorms, i don’t know what other types of weather effects are possible. i think he said seasonal effects like snow? because that would require changing the ground geometry and texture, changes to foliage, and other environmental effects.

I would praise for no more new features, just a promise of even more polished existing ones. That’s the way.

8 Likes

If there’s anything else they think would be good to add, why not do another stretch goal as long as it’s not something that’d cause a delay?

There doesn’t need to be anything else related to tournament mode. We’ve already hit that goal.

Well, I guess the best way for clarifcation would be if Warhorse Studios would comment in this thread and shared the philosophy or mindset behind the whole thing. There are lot of good arguments mentioned here regarding being in favour/opposed for adding features versus polishing existing mechanics.

I just said they could put their focus on the tournament mode so it will get better or playable in multiplayer against real persons (dont know if thats planned or not). Cause I really like the idea to play a medieval tournament and am looking forward to this.

polish existing things and no new stretchgoal would be an option but I think a new stretchgoal might be better, It doesnt have to be a big one, I’d like it really much if the nature would become even more living for example.

I guess If theres no new stretch goal at all it is harder to get people to pledge. And we wont have another potentially nice feature!

But I’d suggest to wait for the alpha too, then we all know better what might add something to the game

No, NO firearms.

I BEG the Devs NOT to even CONSIDER firearms.

2 Likes

Well, since it is supposed to be a historically ACCURATE game, they HAVE to at least consider firearms, because people USED them back then.

2 Likes

Before hussites wars? Not really. And even then it wasn’t any mass using.

1 Like

huh? I didn’t say it was a mass using, but they already existed back then and were used even before the hussite wars.

1 Like

Funny that you have Jan Žižka as avatar, the man who introduced firearms as one of the main weapons of field warfare, and yet you are against their use in a game that is basically from the same era and place.

We can debate what amounts to “mass use”, but the fact remains that field artillery and firearms were one of the cornerstones of Hussite tactics against elite heavy cavalry.

1 Like

Why do you beg for that?

Here, enjoy some period píšťala and hákovnice:

I would be so certain about the “same era and place”. And correct me if i’m wrong, but we did not play as a Hussite or in the times of Hussites wars under the command of Jan Žižka. I would say you are a bit further in the future :wink:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Hussites did not invent firearms, they only came up with tactics of their useful employment on the battlefield - the period firearms were too heavy and complicated to load and use in the open battlefield, which were all drawbacks eliminated by the wagon fort.

Píšťala and hákovnice were distinguished as different firearms in the Czech language already at turn of 14th and 15 century which means that “protofirearms” must have been available long before 1403 when the game takes place.

1 Like

Not to hijack the current discussion about firearms (which I’m pretty sure could use its own thread such as this) but this thread is aimed at potential stretch goals.