New video series - Gore reviews

Hey people, Im starting a new series of reviews on youtube called Gore reviews. Im analyzing the blood and gore effects of games that are considered to be gory.
Taking how the discussion for possible gore in KC:D is active, I figured you guys might dig the video, and the upcoming videos.

My first victim is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

I`m new to making reviews so any feedback will be appreciated.

Second gore review is up - this one is for Max Payne 3. Next one I`ll be doing will most likely be for Red Orchestra 2

Gore review #3 - Red Orchestra 2 \ Rising Storm

Gore review #4 - State of Decay

Gore review #5 - Soldier of Fortune 2

Gore review #6 - Dead Island

Gore review #7 - Postal 2

5 Likes

I really liked this review. I enjoy your category system. What game are you going to review next?

The only suggestions I have are all sound based.

Throughout the video your narration has allot of pee pops which i personally find distracting but aren’t necessarily a big deal.

The Background music really sets a gore game tone which I appreciate but, occasionally its loud enough to compete for the attention of what you are saying.

Over all good work can’t wait to see your next review.

1 Like

Thanks McWonderBeast, appreciate your comment and the pee pops thing, I`ll take it into account.
I have already started working on a gore review for Max Payne 3. While
there is no dismemberment in the gameplay there is actually quite some
depth in the gore system in other aspects.

1 Like

well kcd isn’t considered to be gory, just realistic

1 Like

I give high scores for attention to detail, the amount of blood just has
to make sense. Lets say if KC:D has proper wounds along with that
breakable armor, realistic amount of blood on the environment and some
basic dismemberment for unarmored characters it will receive a high
score.

2 Likes

Will you be doing only medieval type games for your gore reviews, or will you be covering a wide selection of games with gore.?

Continuing the discussion from New video series - Gore reviews:

I’ll be reviewing gore games in different settings and genres. The one I’m reviewing now is Max Payne 3, and I have a pretty big list of games I want to review, including some upcoming titles such as Hatred and Killing Floor 2.

Unfortunately there isn’t quite enough medieval games for PC that have decent gore in them, at least that I know of.

2 Likes

Just one tiny nitpick, you mentioned one complaint twice, and it was that arrows would be sticking out of torso and the dude will keep on like it was nothing. Even just maille armor can save you from most arrows, and a padded gambeson jacket can save you from arrows loosed by weaker bows, but armor might not completely stop an arrow. There are actual historical accounts where arrows will only puncture the armor enough to stick, but not actually harm the wearer of the armor, in fact it seems it was very common.

2 Likes

That’s a cool fact I didn’t know, thanks.
Unfortunately that’s not the case in Chivalry though, the only way to take an arrow without taking damage is if your shield takes the arrow. Heavy armor will just let you take less damage from arrows in the game.

1 Like

Most of the time when you shoot people with bows in Chivalry it is the range of armor penetration for arrows around 15-20 feet( around 4 meters). You can kill people from far ranges as well but most of the time i get shot from closer. It usually takes about 2-3 bodkins to bring down a knight the class with plate armor on if you are using the most powerful bow the warbow.

Not sure if you will find enuogh games with good gore system.

I think Warhorse Team has to create new gore System from the very beginning. I don’t now any game with good and realistic gore system.

I have some cool games on my to do list (Left 4 Dead 2,State of Decay, Dead Island, Depth, Postal 2), but as I said earlier, we have Killing Floor 2 and Hatred coming soon, and both of those will probably be very satisfying for every virtual maniac.

Also I really hope that Warhorse will not neglect the visual feedback side of the combat (aka gore), but we will just have to wait and see.

2 Likes

Second gore review is up - this one is for Max Payne 3. Next one I`ll be doing will most likely be for Red Orchestra 2

4 Likes

Third gore review is up, this one is for Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm:

5 Likes

Good work man, I have these games and have played them once watching your video makes me wanna play.

You should do a review if Dying Light, especially right now while its popular will really help you be seen on the tubes.

Thanks man! I’m not making enough money from it yet to get games on release, but I will review Killing Floor 2 and Hatred as soon as those will come out (I was looking forward to those long before I opened the channel)

1 Like

they are making another killing floor?!?!?!?!

Check this, it looks awesome :smiley:

1 Like

Killing floor is one of my favorite games of all time!

Killing Floor 2 looks like its going to be one of my all time favs