New video series - Gore reviews

Gore review #4 is up - this one is for State of Decay

5 Likes

sweet review pal! :smile: i also watched the violent squeaker video and pissed my pants.

Thanks dude! The squeaker thing was hilarious, the kind of stuff that can only happen in DAYZ.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œValentinBk, post:25, topic:21603ā€]
the kind of stuff that can only happen in DAYZ.
[/quote] truly. :smile: (fill text)

Gore review #5 is up - this one is for Soldier of Fortune 2

1 Like

IDK how I havenā€™t played this game before.

Its old and not as pretty as I would like but those gore mechanics look hella fun.

You can definitely feel the age of the game when playing, but in body damage I havenā€™t seen anything that tops it really. Going on a shotgun killing spree in this game is a blast

Gore review #6 is up - itā€™s Dead Island this time

2 Likes

My vision of glood & bore.

Really tired to do it under win 7 x64 :Š¾)

My vision of glood & bore. 1st person view.

For those who do not know - itā€™s 2001.

Almost forgot. TS, look at the Soldier of Fortune 1. SoF2 suxx.

& Hereā€™s the question to Tobi. Will the characters in the armor same to move? Like in jelly.
And why dismemberment so unlikely to be implemented. Activists fear?
Now iā€™m under beerā€¦ under bearā€¦ canā€™t ask all questions i have.

If I remember correctly, there are two main reasons why dismemberment most likely wonā€™t be implemented.

1. Technical issues. They have very complicated clothing system with layers (16 equipable slots), and it somehow makes implementation of dismemberment almost impossible.

2. Itā€™s so rare thing that itā€™s not very realistic to implement it. Itā€™s not like you cut someoneā€™s hand off everytime you hit him with a sword. The idea that you could for instance behead someone in a fight is also absurd. It might happen in extremely rare cases, but why would you implement something that could realisticly happen maybe twice during the whole game?

2 Likes

can i just say you have the most stereo typical russian accent i have ever heard :smiley:

Dang, I wanted to charge at a villager with a huge sword just to see what I can do. I do hope they implement those wounds shown in the very first trailer. There needs to be at least some reaction in combatā€¦

Maybe I should play the bad guy in some American movie :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah brown people are the new villains :wink:

Speaking of Russian villains

:smile:

1 Like

haha this is awesome

1 Like

Still a better story than Call of duty :wink:

More bad-angry-ugly russians.

LOVE the ro2 review cause i play that one a lot. with melee animations say with mosin should it just stab through and then character pull it out or what do u think would be proper animation?

Even though Iā€™d really love to see brutal melee kills, making them take as long as they should would make the melee useless in an online shooter.

There are a few options that could work here: one would be making long animations on the receiving end (since bayonet are already 1 hit kills). Something like 10 seconds of wounded walking then dropping to the ground with the screen slowly fading out (another 10-15 seconds).

The other option would be having something like the melee kills of BF4, only more brutal with the losing character lying down bleeding out for 10-15 seconds after the fight.

Gore review #7 is up - Postal 2 - a gory classic

1 Like