New video series - Gore reviews

Here’s a messy one - the gore review for Mortal Kombat X

The Dishonored gore review is out:

3 Likes

Nice work man. Every time you get a new video out i see your sub number going up congrats :smile:

Happy to see the interest in the series :smile:

1 Like

Do you think the last of us would be gory enough for a review?

Maybe but he doesn’t play console games.

1 Like

I was just looking at this from a while ago and i think the massiveness of the battlefields that the separate entities that would be created with gore would make them a lot more of a system hog. but i have no idea what im talking about its just a speculation.

It is possible to make a decent gore system in such a game, Red Orchestra 2 is a good example of that. Hell, if there was just an option on PC for bodies and blood pools to stay in BF4 it would feel much more satisfying already.

1 Like

Figured a Fallout 4 gore review would be a good reason to bump this thread :smiley:

2 Likes

so many interesting points especially that alive/dead model hovewer i can imagine it can be kind of difficult to implement but i think its kind of things that are rewarding because it adds so much to atmosfere

They can be, but with all the experience money and time Bethesda has had to work on FO4 you would think they would finally get their shit together.

@ValentinBk excellent review! congrats on getting 1K subs.

It’s possible. About a month ago I did a video with deeper discussion on the behavior states alone and every state I suggested was done one way or the other in a video game. Never seen them all in the same one though

Thanks man

Nice work again. I play on very easy for more “realistic” gun play. I mean I don’t die easily at all, but a 10mm pistol kicks butt. Your character looks pretty awesome btw :3
I expected A LOT more from Fallout 4. Like a HUGE selection of guns, damage better, I kinda thought the map would be a lot bigger (I kind of think its small maybe its because of sprint?)
Also too in the city why is there raiders in one area, super mutants 20 feet away, and gunners right next to them? it kinda doesn’t make sense. What I remember from Fallout 3 was super mutants were in a large area, raiders in the next, ect and it made sense. Not Fallout 4.

TBH I don’t mind a smaller map that has plenty of interiors to explore instead of a walking simulator in a huge map

Absolutely agree on this though

but if you want more realistic gameplay it should be implemented somehow you are not permanentaly dead in real life except for some fatal injury if oponent behaviour is affected by wounds it would be awesome it is kind of stupid if you consider that if you get for example shot in leg or some relatively minor wound in real life you would be probably in shock and pain and totaly unable to fight anymore while at most games you are either 100% alive or 100% dead. I dont think player would like to be knockouted that easily but if npcs really react to their wounds it would be awesome and worth extra work unlike some other stuff.

im sorry if it dont make any sense but i had few beers and i feel like my opinion can make any diference
ps: what is with video update its really strange it seems like more people you hire longer it takes to make anything :unamused:

I talked about that stuff in detail in this video, not sure if it would apply well for Fallout specifically but you may enjoy it.

As for whether progressive wounding applies to player character - it could depend on difficulty level. Easy mode makes you the terminator, realistic\extreme and you are equal to the NPCs.

2 Likes

Nice video, Arma series is really the best example of games that can use implementing some of these points and is documenting how little certain things improved in games over last 15 years… Old Operation Flashpoint has wound system which i would say is better than in latest Arma. The amount of shots character can take without any response in Arma 3 is ridiculous. In old OF one or two shots in torso and youre dead. Also dead animations were rather simple but effective and natural.
And one thing you didnt mention and i miss it is some sound response from wounded character.

Having characters die in 1-2 bullets does feel better than seeing them shrug 3 bullets off but it still doesn’t solve the issue of lacking response.

Yes, but lack of response isnt that obvious if you die after one or two bullet and is kind of more realistic because in reality you will be practicaly dead anyway. If they are unable to implement any more realistic model in Arma they should at least stick with this. One or two shot death and some good dead animation.

It seems that games are very limited in some areas and are advancing very little or not at all unlike graphics. Did you see lightsaber fight in new battlefront? Its a joke and it was already very well implemented ten or more years ago in Jedi Knight games. In fact im already little bit skeptical that even this game will do any better.

They have the ability alright, Bohemia is not exactly a small studio, but they choose not to do that, repeatedly. But yeah, better have characters killed in 1 or 2 bullets in that case.

TBH lost all interest in the new Battlefront game after they said destruction is not a thing. I’m not a Star Wars fan at all, but I’d play an SW game with responsive environment to death.