NEW VIDEO UPDATE Great Haste Makes Great Waste

So help us and share the new video: https://youtu.be/hw9wAnL0Xvc

Especially under the IGN posts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But I must say that even in your video, during big battle, there are enemies who just stand still and look. Like in 13:37 - one bandit is fighting, others are doing nothing.

1 Like

I guess they weren’t triggered(?). I hope, this’s gonna be fixed at the final game. :face_with_monocle:

(?) - Script or whatever it’s, cus i don’t know for 100% why is that happened, but seems like that.

1 Like

Glad to help warhorse studios.

3 Likes

@DrFusselpulli What are PC specs ?

We used a Gtx 1080ti, i7 4790k, 16gb ram graphics card, I don´t know about the rest of the computer.

I agree that combat with many people looks weird. It just doesn’t really look as dynamic as a real battle. You get the feeling that a whole bunch of people are just standing around doing nothing, and occasionally hit someone.

But also it’s strange that you can just shoot someone with an arrow and they just ignore you. Even when they can see you.

I have to say that new video from WH is NOT better then video on IGN. Only the poor looking parts are missing. In new video there is no dialog and combat scenes are smartly cut so you can not see much of it…

Most people see that animations and sword fighting are really poor. Fighters just stand there doing nothing…

2 Likes

I have to add that I’m not hating. The game is great. But the mass fightings look a bit rough/notchy/choppy. What bothers me the most is how unresponsive enemies seem to be. For example you can just aim at someone and he won’t react, as we can see in the most recent video of warhorse studios.

Same with me. Warhorse video is far better than IGN, because it shows more of the depth of game. But fighting part looks better on Warhorse side only because it is better cut. I have nothing against combat system, I quite liked it in beta. But those 4 fighters in battle who are just standing … that is just not good.

2 Likes

Yes, and I’m not criticising it because I want to hate on the game. I’m criticizing it because I love the game and I’m passionate about it. The battles need to become more dynamic and the AI needs to become more responsive. Please forward the message to the devs! :slight_smile:

Stiff! That’s the word I was looking for. The fighters make a stiff appearance.

Yes, we know this and still working on optimisation of AI to make them react faster.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I just noticed why they appear so stiff. It’s because when they defeated an enemy they don’t move. Normally you would move to the next one. But most of them just stand there doing nothing:

8.34. Henry is VERY strong, pierced mail like a butter.

makes sense though, so it really is AI issue… .lets hope its solvable :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tsunamik
What makes sense?

That AI not triggering(script or whatever it’s) everytime. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Reddit is not highly positive of this game based off warhoses’ latest video, but I think some people have it right; think mount and blade type combat and you should be satisfied with this game, at least for the gameplay. I do get more of a two worlds vibe than an elder scrolls one, which is NOT a good thing. I think this is going to be a solid rpg, but you guys should play it safe with the marketing and don’t do anything risky. Maybe do an “environment” trailer showing off all the landscapes and castles? That works for games a lot of the time. Let players after the release, spread positive word of mouth about this game and it’ll help in sales.