Perfomance

On any settings I get ± 30 fps. It is just the beta so unoptimized, or I have a bad computer?

The Beta is unoptimized

You have a bad Computer.

3 Likes

Combination of both

(Now we did it all!)

Kingdom Come: Deliverance isn’t fully optimized yet. Even with a good computer you most likely will face some problems when running the game at this stage I’m afraid. I wouldn’t rush into conclusions that the problem is in your end since the game will be fully optimized later.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when beta will be optimized?

1 Like

Sorry, no update for the beta. (justmy2cents)

1 Like

Yeah certainly starting to look that way.

Im fine with no additional content but some optimization would go a long way.

MY playtime has ceased, thought I would break 300Hrs. before release.

1 Like

will the beta receive any updates ??
or will it just go straight into the whole game only because I can only run the game on -20fps a second on the lowest settings and I cant even play the main battle

It will. But updates will be rare and will be huge.

Do you know when the next update is set to be released !?

1 Like

I think that beta won’t be updated. They have rewritten so much code that doesn’t make sense to put any work on that old beta build. Just wait patiently for the final release.

Yh that’s true I just can’t wait to play the full game

I am quite afraid that beta is what we currently have, and the only next update could be release candidate version with limited content.

1 Like

As far as I know from several other posts and sources, there will be NO additional update to the Beta. Next “update” is the release of the final game.

However I am not sure if this is a decent way to go, since Warhorse then pass on maybe important user feedback to features we currently see not in the Beta.
Therefore it would be good to get at least a performance update - so Warhorse could check if the game is sufficiently optimized for a wide range of systems.

I’m disappointed at how this game is being treated, It has excellent potential but if this, 15fps at lowest possible settings beta, is all that will be part of the beta stage then we should have been informed of that before purchase, as it stands I’ve paid full price for an unplayable beta version of a game that isn’t actually doing any beta testing (optimization is a major part) and now have to wait however long for release.

1 Like

The performance right now is because of the Beta stage. This is because the game is not finally optimized yet, the final game will run more smooth for sure.

1 Like

On one hand it is understandable, that they won’t update any beta versions to focus on final game.
But the beta is there that we (as backers) can give em feedback.
So on the other hand, if we can’t play the beta, because of the performance (it’s nearly impossible to play) we also cannot give feedback.
Is this the correct way?

No, this is not true. You don´t need to have 30+ FPS just to test something and we are receiving feedback.

I am not talking about 30+ fps. I am talking about more than 8 fps. Especially during the final part of the main quest. No matter what system you have, it’s “untestable”. Maybe some of the backers have the correct system to play it nearly stable but most haven’t. I am pretty sure that my system is a good one, too, and I was watching permanantly my ressource monitor (integrated in windows), which has shown me that KCD wasn’t using the complete potential of it. Unfortunately, I am not a developer and I cannot see the problem :slight_smile:

I tell you this, because receiving feedback - and I am very sure Warhorse get and use those - is not enough.
THE MORE THE BETTER! So by fixing the performance issues already in the beta to reach more tester/backer/player, let u receive more and better feedback; in this project it is indespancable, cause of its technical complexity. It needs its own foundation. I wish I could give more feedback either but I am fighting with the performance, too.That this project will be successful is also a big desire by us who backed KCD. Bigger Studios fix the performance at the end, I also know this, but KCD is a Kickstarter project and each backer deserves to get the possibility helping Warhorse Studios.
It’s an additonal task for KCD Team (unfortunately), but it will be worth it.

Nevertheless WS do a very good job so far and I am proud to be a part of this amazing project.

1 Like