Perfomance

Yes, this is quite reasonable. But when you say you have bad perforance in the final part of the main quest, approximately the big battle, then this means you are probably able to play other parts of the game quite fine.

We would like to give you performance updates, but they are not easy to make, and we had to cut some essential parts of the final game to gain the capacity to work on the Beta which will be obsolete in approximately less then a year.

@ProkyBrambora, you are part of the QA team, how many FPS do you have on your Studio-Beta version right now?

1 Like

Yes, of course there are parts of the game which works fine with my system (although I didnā€™t mean just me or few others). Little features like alchemy, lockpicking etc. should work fine with everyone. Good job with this. We tested them in Alpha whereas with bad Alpha performance.
To be honest on the other side, these features are how hands relate to a body: They are very important, but tells u nearly nothing about the systemic/body. A Beta should do. Maybe it does. I and probably many others donā€™t know because
the fascination of KCD is the world, the atmosphere, the people and how they interact with each other and with the player in fights, more important, in a daily routine and in several situations like theyā€™re facing a murderer, if we would be one. How these features will be implemented in the world is the part which worth to test it. As you know KCD is not this kind of game where just check some features. I can report to you: fighting can be smoother, lockpicking has little clipping errors sometimes, hair of protagonist is a bit buggy etc. etc. You know all of this shit and its a beta, these features need fine-tuning - This is normal and I am sure you already read it in forum.
But I and maybe 85% of backers canā€™t tell u about interaction, AI bugs and atmosphere in a Battle or in a situation with more than 7 Characters. Or in a village after losing a battle or after winning one. For me itā€™s also hard to finish some other quests - in the military camp, by example. With bad performance you took the most important part of the game to test.
Donā€™t misunderstand me. I donā€™t want a quick solution for this and I am pretty sure there cant be one. In a thread were written that there will be no updates on the beta. That is what I am worried aboutā€¦

Around 10 fps mostly less. But I have also weakest machine here. Though others dont have it much better than me.
But we dont test everything in game build, we have little levels where performance is much better.
I cannot really say I would be able to test the big battle in the beta with this machine. But group combat is still being worked on so it is not even being tested much.

I can understand the frustration of not being able to play beta with better fps, but optimization has to be done in its own time. Optimizing game while many things are unfinished would be a madness.

4 Likes

I there a chance the game can be played with 4 GB RAM ?

4 GB is really low these days. You should consider upgrading when game is final. I guess if you keep monitor, keyboard and so on, you can upgrade to a decent PC for 400-500 ā‚¬.

1 Like

4 GB ram is too low, it will maybe run technically, but it will be very very low in FPS so it will probably be not playable.

So, is 8GB DDR4 enough?

Yes :slight_smile:
But 8GB RAM are still the minimal requirements.

For sure ? How can you be sure ? Optimization is not a magic button we trigger to increase performance. A misconceived engine is still misconceived regardless itā€™s optimized or not.

Iā€™ve played videogame for 25 years, and iā€™ve stopped believing in words. The only fact we have is the more the project advance, the more the performance is bad.

And if you think 30 fps is smooth like ubisoft, youā€™re doing it wrong.

I have to buy a new notebook next week, because of work and want to ask if there is chance of running final optimized version of KCD on at least medium details with decent fps(at least 40) with configuration like:
Intel Core i7 6700HQ Skylake, 16GB RAM DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
Thanks

Do you really need ā€œgamingā€ notebook? I would recommend to buy some normal notebook + gaming PC with for example i5 + GTX 1060/1070. PC with i5 and GTX 1060 totally outperforms notebook with i7 6700HQ and GTX 960M.

well, not reallyā€¦I originally planned to buy some basic notebook and better PC later, but was just curious how well could KCD perform on best notebook I can possibly buy with my budget and kill two birds with one stone :smiley:

Well, basic notebook + gaming PC is the best option then.

So, you were going to buy Asus ROG GL552VW or something like that? If yes, I have one and I am able to run KCD at very high setting on 30 fps or a little less at very high settings. P.S. Basic notebook and gaming PC is much more expensive.

Gaming PC with i5 6500 and GTX 1060 will totally destroy Asus ROG with GTX 960M and i7. Notebooks are just not good for gaming. Price/performance ratio is terrible. PC for 1375 $ (i5 6600k + GTX 1070) will beat any ā€œgamingā€ notebook on Earth.

Unfortunately words are the only thing I can use here for now. What can I do otherwise?

2 Likes

My Asus ROG GL552VW is doing really well, though.

PC for the price of Asus ROG GL552VW would be better in all aspects. You could have PC with i5 6500 and GTX 1060. This is my last post on topic PC vs Notebook :slight_smile:. My opinion is that computers are a lot better on gaming than notebooks. I have PC with i5 6600k and GTX 1070 and 16 GB DDR4 what cost me about 33 000 Kč/1375$/1200ā‚¬ and its better than any notebook.

Suum ciuque.

hey,
i got problems running this gameā€¦ my gaming laptop should run this ( Intel Core i 7 3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz, 12GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7970M, and Win 10 64 bit)ā€¦

normally it should run on itā€¦ does anyone know when the game get optimized a bit ?

thx