Please make archery realistic

As much as I am loving the game, slow arrows and ridiculous trails they leave are really ruining whole archery and hunting for me. honestly I fail to see the upside.

Could we please get more authentic feeling archery?

It’s better than most RPGs. I enjoy no crosshairs

1 Like

I like the no crosshair thing. But the visual trace is really bad idea that has no positives whatsoever and speed/physics of arrows feels Skyrim-esque (that is a bad thing)

I think it’s to compensate for no crosshairs. People can see where the arrows go and can adjust accordingly.

It is very simple to turn of the arrow trails. it is a string in the Config-file in the game somewhere, but right now I don´t know exactly where. Very easy to switch off, can somebody assist please?

Crosshairs would ruin it by making it far too easy, arrow trails are also an unfortunate, sub-optimal solution. Please have a look at my suggestion for more immersive, realistic and usable archery here Suggestion for archery improvement - From a real archer

There is a mod that removes the arrow trails and so far it works for me (and it is basically just one file, no rewrite)

About speed - there is also od that speed up arros but I’m not sure how realistic that is. Medieval arrows were heavy and not nearly as effective as modern one.
There was a measurement and an arrow shot from medieval 150lb bow was about 50m/s fast right after the realease.

1 Like

The arrows speed up in the game depending on how strong the bow is, same as real life. Currently the arrows seem a little bit too slow at the lowest levels, but really not by much.