Please rework manual saving

Well i hope they are gonna rethink this decisicion already seen people returning the game because of it. No one wants to loose progress

2 Likes

I am all for inovating when it comes to save games and sometimes a hardcore option is needed and make the game feel more intense. But have that as an option for people who want to use it.

Me having a family and kids i am sometimes going back and forth between missions, areas and so forth and can go out at times without notice for who knows how long. I know i can just leave my PS4 on. But thats not practical and can cause issues else where.

Saving is more of a personal thing rather game mechanics and having options to turn on hardcore saving or easymode saving would be overall better. As i said im all for inovating and hardcore games but saving leave it optional as thats more of a personal mechanic that everyone cant always control and comit to.

12 Likes

Wait for the mod to be made.

1 Like

Honestly not sure if that “what the communities want” comment is trolling or not. It bloody well isn’t. Not here. Not on Reddit. Not on Destructiod. Not on Steam. Ultra fanboys might like it, but sorry folks, your opinion doesn’t matter. What matters is twofold:

1. The majority of consumers, and

2. The fact that functionality is good. They aren’t adding a nifty save functionality. They’re TAKING AWAY the ability to quit the game when I need to join a conference call or go buy food. I can scantly imagine the frustration for someone who has kids.

This mechanic is downright pushy. I own the thing. I want to have the ability to pick it up and put it down when I want. WarHorse need to crawl out of their own asses and realise not everyone is a hardcore gamer, and not everyone is so in love with their product that they want to leave it running all day long. Most gamers are casual, and people who put down casual gamers are pieces of shit so don’t even bother with that line of reasoning.

11 Likes

A mod has been made. God I love Steam. All hail the nerds of Steam. May death come swiftly to their enemies.

3 Likes

I’m not trolling my friend.i give you the link for my previous post in this forum.

Well like I said, people who put down “casuals”, otherwise known as “people with responsibilities”, are pieces of shit. Most gamers are behind you, dude. Don’t forget it’s mostly mega-fans in any game forum, so if 20% of people here like it, 0.2% of players like it. The devs probably know this.

The mod works. Sorry if you’re on console though. Hopefully the devs will hear us. It’s just so up their own ass. Mechanics that get in the way of playing never add to the experience. Duh. And if somebody wants to savescum, how is it anybody’s business, even in the slightest? Some keyboard warrior’s opinion from halfway around the world is supposed to matter? Wtf… It’s like sending somebody hatemail because they own different shoes from yours. Nothing could be more asinine.

6 Likes

Way to express yourself :smiley: Besides, there is no more a majority of the “mega-fans” here for one week now…strange, isn’t it? But as the devs already know, everything is sorted out :slight_smile:

Nice for the pc players that there is a mod so warhorse now that pc has a mod how about just giving us console players also the option huh. Because like someone before me said i too have to stop right there and then sometimes because of kids, work, other family related things. So please for god sake give us the damn option to save our games when we want and need it.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rant and shit postings

Please - do not - rework manual saving.

Err just create two different difficulties
Easy - unlimited manual saves
Hard - current game state

Allowing manual saves at any time will ruin the immersion and the importance of every decision you make.

3 Likes

Manual saving would totally break immersion. I dont understand why it is such a big issue, you can save not just using the schnaps but also by sleeping in a bed and there are plenty of places to do that. Moreover, there are a plenty of autosaves at start of each mission and at the end and at important points.

And you can brew more schanpps and purchase them. Just play the game kill 2 boars and haul the 300 meat to a decent city and there you go, buy some saves.

Think I got about 275 meat from 2 boars and they sell base at 3.6 per for 983 total, plus you can haggle for probably upwards of 1200. Easy money lol.

Those complaining just need to put more hours into the game and see it’s not so difficult later, just the progression is difficult and they will appreciate it later.

1 Like

Yes hello keyboard warrior. Thank you for being stupid enough to prove my point. Saves me putting the effort in.

And as I can’t reply to defend myself to your later point, I’ll say it here: yes, you’re right in a way. Except defending yourself isn’t the same thing. It’s stupid in a different way, in that it’s a pointless waste of time, so you’re right that I shouldn’t. So I won’t. Have a nice time letting that hate out on random strangers.

You call everyone a keyboard warrior and then do it yourself you hypocrite…

2 Likes

Zeltchoron and 1muflon1

What people like you don’t understand, is that it is NOT about the difficulty or not getting enough Schnaps.

It’s about not being able to save the game when you have to go. If you have a job or family, sometimes you have to immediately put down the game and do something else, but when there is no way to save the game at that point, you may lose a lot of progress.

If you play the game and then suddenly your child starts crying and won’t calm down until very late at night, but you have to work the next day, you can’t spend another 30 minutes or so searching for some schnapps or a bed you own, forcing you to exit the game and lose everything you’ve done since the last save game.

Not everyone has the luxury of unrestricted playtime without interruptions.

13 Likes

Are you stupid? everyone has things to do outside the game… get over it, or, dont play the game.

For the people who say saving more often breaks immersion, if the option to manually save was introduced, that doesn’t mean that you have to play it that way.
You can choose not to save if you don’t want to, but it makes other people’s lives easier who have responsibilities. More options are never a bad thing.

10 Likes

Why it is a big issue: in certain parts of the game you can NOT !!! save while sleeping in a bed as everyone seems to think. I had to learn that the hard way.

I am at Talberg right now. I saved with my last Savior Schnapps just before leaving the Castle (Stealing the Guard Armor). Thanks to the forum i KNEW (!!!) that i could save when sleeping in a bed so i was not worried.

After leaving the Castle i explored the village, washed myself at the Bathhouse, sold my spare Items to Merchants, went on a hunt for Hares for the tanner, leveled Herbalism to lvl 6 (from 0 --> this alone took almost 30 Minutes) and Stole from some of the Houses.

Then i went to the Tavern and rented a bed, tried to sleep. GUESS WHAT!!!
Couldnt save because of the URGENT Quest to bury my Parents (not even 1 Hour sleep??? come on it cant be THAT urgent)
So that was almost 30 Minutes after Midnight, me having to get up at 6:00 AM again. While wandering too far off i even failed the quest --> start over again. Nice. So now: how is this not a big Issue? I lost 90% of my Playtime Yesterday Evening to this :frowning:

Stuff like this just kills the Fun. Oh yeah, i can do all over again tonight - i cant wait

10 Likes

You people complaint need to play the game more. It’s not difficult to kill a boar and sell its meat and buy schanpps. Need to go? Drink a schanpps or sleep.

1 Like