Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

Pff. They compromise themselves with adding dialogue and herb picking camera. No excuses!!
:imp:

1 Like

Then maybe Warhorse should remove the third person dialogue and herb picking to fix that compromise.

2 Likes

The same individuals detailed above who are against TPV complained about that as well.

It’s all fear mongering.

I personally agree, was merely giving insight into the mentality of some of the posters who are anti TPV and there reasoning (or lack there of).

Yeah, wasn’t saying YOU were fear-mongering. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

I just think all the complaints are very selfish and usually exaggerating in nature.

2 Likes

Hi All (and hopefully devs…),

Just created an account here only for this one post - not interested in any flamewar or whatever. I know it’s an old thread - but maybe somebody listens…

I was very interested when the game came out, nearly pledged until I found out it really only would be first person. From the moment Wolvenstein 3D came out (yes - that old), I get sick in 1rst person games (with Wolvenstein I really threw up…). When I discovered it was 100% related to 1st person games only, I tried any one of them I was interested in until I could feel the first signs. Usually takes 1-15 minutes. If it was any more I could try to play in short sessions, but finishing games in 10 minute sessions a day is not going to happen :wink:

The only way I can hack 1st person is with a huge FOV, and a very low mouse sensitivity. Like lifting and reposition your mouse 4 times for a single 360 turn. Not playable in any action game.

I do not care about 3rd person being easier. (Confession: I play some games in godmode just for the story and scenery. Or when halfway I’m bored with fighting and want to see how the games ends.) I do understand there are fanatic 1st person people feeling cheated when there is a 3rd person mode available which makes the game easier for people like me. Cheapens their bragging rights - which sounds insane to me but they are paying customers too, you don’t want to alienate them.

But maybe the devs could add their ‘debug’ mode nearly unchanged but hidden in the game in such a way it would be trivial to modders to enable. Would not have to be polished, would not have to be balanced. Just a 3rd person focal point for people like me with a non-bobbing, non-elastic camera. Including indoor - being cramped, being clipped & covering the view is my problem - it is not officially supported then anyway.

When that theoretical mod comes out I’ll buy my copy. And you don’t even have to polish or balance 3rd person mode for it :slight_smile: And I suspect more people with motion sickness will. We are not a trivial part of your possible target audience.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, and I think that third person should be implemented as well, and not just to accommodate your unfortunate situation.

I am playing FO4 right now, and I probably utilize each perspective equally. And I’m glad both exist. Based on @Hellboy comments in the past, it sounded like implementation of a third person perspective didn’t take away time from implementation of anything first person, or the game as a whole. So I don’t see why it’s not included as an option. Bowing to the first person elitist assholes who don’t want other people to have an option to the play the game a different way is a bad mistake.

2 Likes

This thread shouldnt die! As many of you said an option to change camera view doesnt ruin game to anyone. It just improves it for people who wnat it, which is a majority of people. If @Hellboy said that it would be that hard to add it, I dont se a reason, why to let down majority of people because of few selfish folks who are just enjoying the power of deciding for others. 3rd camera seems like a proper stretch goal for 50000 backers. Dont give up! The game is looking so beautifull right now, and with 3rd camera you would be able to enjoy it even more!

3 Likes

I have not fund the game because I think you can not trust any developers. I will maybe buy the final game because I buy exactly what I want.
Devs can change their opinions.

WH promised a pure first person focused game at the Kickstarter campagne. They denied third person very early. The people backed the Game because they trusted WH. They wanted a FPS Game. Not a third person game.

The poll shows that only 30 person who have answered want a third person cam.
But who answer this Poll? The most people backed a FPS game and don’t care about a Topic which talk about a third person camera which can be disabled.
This Poll care mainly the small amount of people who want a thrid person cam because it would influence their Game to 100 percent.

From 50000 Bakers vote 300 for third person.
Its not a percent which include people who just want to see Henry in his armor.

You think about break promise to offer a special feature? Really? What is with polearms? The most people guessed that they will implement in the game because your trailers, artworks and your promise of realistic combat and weapons. You have not already implement axe, onehand sword, shields, daggers and beta should start in few months?

The change from a pure FPS game to a FPS and third person Game is a important step.
You can repeat as often as often you want that it would not influence the game development but this is not true. If the focus goes from FPS to two cam’s it will effort time and money which left on other things. And it change the target group which can change all in future.

In future it is possible that more bakers come which like the thrid person. Then it will not be a focused FPS game anymore. What next? There would bakers who like Dragons in a add on. You offer dragons in add on. The people like it and in the next Act there will be dragons.

The game will be a mainstream game. You needed bakers because you didnt want a mainstream common Game. Publisher don’t believe the potential because you were focused on unique game.

Now you want a more mainstream Game because you have the capital?Commercial okay, but this is scam. Trust bye bye.

man… the 3th person should be disabled what you mean?

yep it should be disabled at least in combat

sure!! so where is the problem for you? you should play the game as you want :grinning:

The problem is, that the game will not only focused on the first person view. But that was a promise that warhorse gived. It is more important to keep one promise, than giving 10 persons a extra feature.

The time or the money will left on other important things. A gaming core will changed. Maybe the whole game changed because there willl be a other aiming group.

You should do politic, really. Comparing option of 3rd person view to dragons or lack of polearms… You really should read something about it first. It would take you less time than thus rant.

Yes I compare it with dragons because a offer of third person view is a try to get more buyers by changing the game core.

i know what you mean, anyway i think if these gonna happen it will after the game is complete,functional and all the core thing are ok. Imho if the ppl want 3th person why not?

No, not at all. Its feature they already use to debug animation and stuff so they ask community if they want it too, with all the currect restriction that cames from game design as not being able to use it in the inetriors, minigames and such.

In other words, nothing would change except for the option. They wouldnt adapt the game for it. And its mainly already done and used by Warhorse. The game would still be 1st peron as that would be the only view you could use anytime (excpet in dialogs and when collect herbs where — and to be honest, I wish those would be in 1st person view also).

So compare it to dragons seems to me pretty hysterical.

1 Like

But they said that for combat it will always be a first person. Also inside a buildings it will always be a first person. We are talking only about an option to switch view when you ride a horse or you want to see you character. Dont know why you would fight agianst it, when you could play the whole game in first person!

Thats not right, they said during combat.

[quote=“Neon_Knight, post:751, topic:20355”]
Dont know why you would fight agianst it, when you could play the whole game in first person!
[/quote] I will repeat it. I am against it because the time and money which have to invest could left on optimizing the game, and we all know there is a long way there and there still left many features. I dont think we get all promised features until summer. And also after the promised features ther would be stuff which was more important for the first person lovers. All addiotinal features would make more effort with 2 views (The combat controls, all non-combat animations, character model with all armors ect. . The result could be that first person view get less and less attention. Don’t think developer have endless time and money to optimized both same way. To polish and optimize third person view isnt a simple task, it need effort now and in future. Why should the backer who fund a first person game wait longer or renounce other features?

The first person view still isnt optimized at all. No kill animations, no inercia, no helm vision, the combat animation is not polish, stealth jumping climbing and much more.

There are just 2 weapon implemented. Where are axe, shield, hammer, dagger, short sword, polearms, spear, crossbow. All these weapons has to fit with each other weapon. Dont believe it will implement until summer. The combat system isnt 5 percent finished. Because the time isnt enough they will not give us horse combat.

Where are the hunting system and that stuff?

Don’t believe that offer third person view would not affect first person player. They would indirect break a promise ( first person game) to less observe other promised things.

The poll shows that I am not the only guy who care about that. The most peoble which vote Yes give me third person just want the option to see character every time but would play in first person. Option for seeing character in third person is an task for modder.