Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

I strongly believe that adding 3rd person in this game will make it very strong in essence. Having the ability to view your armor with animations in this new gen would encourage people to actually change their items and acquire new type of armors. The reason why I enjoy playing games like Mount and Blade is because I am can see my armor and appreciate my accomplishments throughout the game such as earning a new kind of helmet or chest armor. Having 3rd person view with the amazing first person mechanics would make the best medieval game, which could beat the features of other open world games like Skyrim (which has both options but poorly first person mechanics). I believe since the 3rd person is already part of the testing, then it wouldnā€™t be that difficult to implement and it would allow players to explore from different perspective the massive world of Kingdom Come. Being able to see your armor is the true Medieval soldier experience, specially during a battle. I was thinking about Jousting as well, it could be a cool feature.

So perhaps for PC veterans like me? Leave your hate and elitism for yourself please.

2 Likes

I agree with every single letter. The lack of peripheral vision is extremly annoying and increasing FOV makes me fell sick a bit.

3rd person in combat seems to me so much natural and somehow more realistic exactly becouse the periheral vision and that you see whats your charater is doing which subtitute the absence of the body awarness.

No 3rd person view please. Go get a bucket of water if you want to take a look at yourself. People canā€™t help switching to 3rd person view because its far more convenient, but it kills the realism and immersion the developers tried so hard to create. Add a console command that does the same thing, but donā€™t actually implement 3pv.

1 Like

Having Both First Person and 3rd Person Never Hurt The Elder Scrolls Seriesā€¦ I say Bring it on! Give us a choice. Some of Us Get motion Sickness playing in First Person. Would Love to see 3rd person as an Option.

i think the option to play in 3rd person would be a great addition to the game

I donā€™t care if itā€™s official option or just something you can enable in console, but there should be at least some way to play around with 3rd person just for funā€™s sake.

Donā€™t use it. End of story. Peace.

1 Like

The fact this is even contested is a bizarre facet of human psychology that I may never understand.

The notion that someone would want to completely eradicate an option that they donā€™t like (and can choose not to use and thus will not affect their game play) so that others who prefer it cannot choose it runs counter to all logic.

If anything this outright refusal to allow others the freedom of choosing their preferred style of play will accomplish only one meaningful thing that WILL affect the game play of ALL players: Those who would have bought/pledged to the game ONLY IF it let them play third person will not support it, reducing the potential for further funding a game that could use those funds to better the project as a whole.

This, and only this, is what will be accomplished by refusing an in-game CHOICE to others. What motivates this sort of person? I truly donā€™t get it.

2 Likes

Much more important and IMO better solution is the one WH took: Shelve the stretch goals in general. They are shifting focus away from the actual developement. I support their decission.

1 Like

Dan, thank you for hearing us, the minorityĀ¹, out. :smile: :thumbsup:
I really thought it was over for the 1st person guys (& girls).

Maybe you could put a big head-high mirror in the abode of Henry and some other places too (e.g. somewhere in the castle where it would be appropriate)?
This way people could take a look at themselves without having to resort to 3rd person. Just as in real life.

Ā¹ at least according to this poll we allegedly are the minority

Seriously, then why did you pledge?
Right from the start it was clear that 1st person will be the focus and 3rd person was denied.

witch :scream: :gun: :sunglasses: hunter

:radio: :notes: With hunt, with hunt, watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you :notes: :guitar:

Come on, Dan has spoken, now stop your ā€œWitch Huntā€ and its tune please.
All was fine and dandy as long as 1st person and its ā€œminorityā€ seemed to be stomped for good, right.

Just accept it, as I was about to, when I thought the cause was lost for the people that actually read the damn info on Kickstarter before putting their money on the counter. Itā€™s oneā€™s own responsibility to read the info of a product before buying it, donā€™t you think?
Thereā€™s no place for complaints about something that has been addressed already but the buyer just chose to ignore it. In this case itā€™s the buyers own fault.

Now things stay as advertised.
(Do you really think thatā€™s a bad thing in this time and age where you get fucked over by [other game publishing] companies left and right?)

Also, didnā€™t you watch the video? He said for now it will stay 1st person.
When the game is finished they probably will have more free resources to deal with additional but unimportant stuff like this.
Or you could just use the mod tools that will be shipped with the game on release.

I read the thread. I got it the first time. No need to repeat the same stuff over and over again.
Your post shows that previous arguments and reasons against 3rd person have been simply IGNORED just so you can repeat the ā€œdonā€™t use itā€ phrase once more.

In response to that I will, unfortunately, have to repeat myself too:
(but hey, you do it, so Iā€™m allowed to do it as well) :wink:

• The game was introduced as 1st person and it was clearly stated in the FAQ that they wonā€™t allow you to use 3rd person because, and here comes the interesting part, because thatā€™s how they envisioned and designed it

• money should be better used for the improvement of more important stuff (e.g. core mechanics and features); thereā€™s always room for improvement!

• 3rd person will result in extra work and therefore postpone the release of the finished product even further
    -> no thx to that!

• result is prone to be a watered down 1st person experience because time and focus would be shifted to 3rd person to implement it properly (redesigning combat and quests around 3rd person etc.), because, you know, otherwise the kids would cry over the fact that itā€™s not working correctly
    -> hell no to that! because that would be even worse than waiting for a later release

@Stiler @PhanTom_CZ @Wenceslaus and @all other ā€œrepeating offendersā€ :slight_smile:
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I thought that we were long past the point of repeating an argument for either side for the nth time. If I remember correctly that was around one month ago.

There really isnā€™t anything new to say.
So just calm down and give it a rest.
Final verdict has been spoken.

There is no 3rd person option implemented.
That means exactly nothing is taken away!

Also, this point was settled right from the start in the FAQ of the Kickstarter page.
Let me sum it up for you: No 3rd person :wink:

Study psychology.
You will see there are many more bizarre facets.
Humans are illogical and often unreasonable beings, didnā€™t you figure this out by now (Iā€™m just assuming you arenā€™t an infant)?
Nothing new there.

Another facet is displayed by yourself:
just ignore all the logical reasoning in the arguments that support the aversion towards 3rd person implementation.

5 Likes

What about easy enough stretch goal, customizable sword forging, you already want to have crafting system so the player can forge his sword, maybe if in the process after obtaining some skill and having appropriate resources, player would be able to select and build the sword from some number of pieces, chose different blade, guard, grip and pommel would be quite fine and would give player kind of personal feeling for his own swordā€¦ this should not be that hard to implement

1 Like

I pledged for a st person game.
If the majority does decide to go 3rd, then it should be non combat only!

2 Likes

Please do the 3rd person view. I always use it myself if itā€™s an option.

Did you even read the kickstarter campaign??? or did you just so another cool game and had to pledgeā€¦? :construction:

1 Like

Itā€™s supposed to be a solo game, so I donā€™t really care, give the choice to people and theyā€™ll make their own choice

1 Like

So no 3rd person cam for stretch goal? NICE!

Thanks Warhorse, for listening to the community and for taking our concerns seriously. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I always like to see what my character looks like in rpg games in the actual environment, I would still mostly play in first person so if it doesnā€™t take too much effort why not.

I vote no way, because i think time and efforts should be spent on other things from my point of view as kickstarter pledger. Never played my rpgs in third person when i had choice, felt cheating to look over objects,walls and around corners and never looked good.

So i prefer they do not spend more time on third person then they need to and spend more time of polish and small olittle things to improve crafting and exploration, finding small fun little clues and objects in a game world is so much more fun and rewarding :slight_smile:

if u want to look under your characters skirt (lets face it u tried or thought about it :smiley: ā€¦ ) or make screenshots of your character i am sure there will be mirrors or water reflections in the game to show of your character. Its important promotion tool to give to people to show of their character to have many screenshots on the internet of nice charcaters in cool landscapes, so i am sure they will make a screenshot button feature.

I just dont want them to redo all their combat animations for third person. I rather have them make first person combat animations look AWESOME in stead of having mediocre animations in fps and 3rd person.

A:"Do you wanna cake?"
B:"Yeah, sure!"
A:"Ahhh, too bad, that guy over there said he doesnt like cakes. He thiks cakes arent cool and he would be really upsed if I give you oneā€¦ so I guess I will have to throw this half-done cake at trhash"
B: ā€œEh?.. bummerā€

5 Likes