Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

C: "here is some perfectly polished first person italian ice cream for u"
B: "screw half baked cake, i love icecream"
A: " euhm i want icecream too please "

1 Like

1 . First person perfectly polished Icecream was and still is on the menu for everyone since begining.
2 . B just wants to have the option and would prefer the cake.

(Damn, now I have to go and find some sweets, chocolateā€¦ or something. To the fridge!)

1 Like

Itā€™s kind of pathetic and very irritating that you still bring up the same simplified, shallow, ignorant ā€œargumentsā€ up after all that has been said about the topic in detail, sorry.

Again, for probably the 100th time: itā€™s not just about having options. And those who oppose 3rd person as either a general design goal or just a stretch goal donā€™t want to take away something from other people. Thatā€™s NOT what is all about and everyone who is capable of reading and at least has a basic knowledge about game design principles and processes should be able to understand that after reading through this topic. And if youā€™re not capable of understanding that you probably shouldnā€™t post here anymore (because that looks a lot like trolling or just whining for no actual purpose)ā€¦

Iā€™m pretty happy that Warhorse understood and acted accordingly. Thatā€™s the most important thing after all.

Funny thing, I want to wrote exactly the same, them i said to myself ā€œI wont be harsh, no need toā€.
Im sorry to upset you (I am) but try to read other posts like Jlyga_u_onacHa - he really doesnt convicte me that it is not just about pose.

Maybe I should mentioned that there are some fair points aggainst 3rd person view made by you and masozravapalma which understand (though disagree) but I though you can see itā€¦ perhaps it wasnt that obvious after all. My fault and I apologize for that. I indeed dont want to look like troll or a whinner.

3 Likes

Thank you Warhorse for not adding 3rd person view.

If you think about it for a second, you say it would have been easy to add, sure but the thing is you canā€™t half-ass something like this otherwise you end up with a bunch of players complaining about it and wanting more so you would have been forced to design the game with 3rd person view partially in mind from now on to cater to those players who would have demanded more and more and what about act 2 and 3? They probably would have demanded a complete 3rd person view. My point is, it would have been time consuming and it would have cost you more money than planned in the end to add 3rd person view. If you absolutely want to add something, I suggest you add something to the core features like the AI, etc. to make the game even more realistic and immersive. That would be worth it.

Glad you made the right decision.

2 Likes

Maybe I was too harsh. If thatā€™s the case Iā€™m sorry and I apologize as well. I just donā€™t like those dicussions in which almost no progress is visible and everything just goes on in circles, mostly because some people refuse to read what other people have written on the same topic before themā€¦

1 Like

i think the players should have a choice, if itā€™s not too much trouble in developing therms.
I personally would play the game in 1st person mode.
Itā€™s just like ā€œSkyrimā€; some games just donā€™t feel right in 3rd person.

the arguments from your side were completely empty, just like your most recent post on the topic. all you did was attack the guy for ā€œnot understandingā€, itā€™s not really his fault that your side does a poor job at explaining yourselves.

fyi making up a bunch of nonsense that was directly refuted by vavraā€™s second post in the topic doesnā€™t make a good argument. you guys need to try again.

all that transpired here was vavra feeling like he doesnā€™t want to piss off a bunch of crybabies, and i sympathize completely. your arguments were and remain completely ridiculous.

1 Like

So much to attacking and insulting other peopleā€¦but I didnā€™t expect anything else from you. :wink:

A third person view canā€™t detract from a first person adventure unless you use it. Some people are making it sound like the end of the world for implementing an optional feature. I for one like to switch back and forth between views if thereā€™s one or more available, different perspectives are good, especially when not all of us have an occulus or something that will give us our full peripheral vision. 1st person is really more like fixed forward camera like strapping a video camera to your eyes and walking around like that.

then there is no difference. your eyes essentially function like a fixed forward camera. what do you want? reverse camera? eyes on back of head?

iā€™m late for vote, but i prefer 3ps game because i can see my pg, my armor and army ā€¦
thanks

Iā€™d like to see players given the choice of what perspective theyā€™d prefer.

Your argument makes no sense it does nothing to effect the way you play the game in any way shape or form so why do you oppose it so much?

Please read my respective posts WAY above in this thread to understand why I think adding 3rd person indeed had implications for the game and the player no matter if you use it or not. I wonā€™t repeat them here again since I donā€™t like going in circles, sry. :wink:

You say because they promised first person for backers but it still doesnā€™t affect you at all if you play in first.

Nope, Iā€™ve actually never said that. Other people did though. Please read my actual posts instead of guessing what I could meanā€¦

I just did read your postsā€¦ You also said it takes time away from development even though the devs said it doesnā€™t.

That was one point amongst others, yes.

And you can of course argue about the extra time. But if youā€™ve watched the newest video update Dan himself said that they want to suspend new stretch goals because they would probably extend (the already stretched) development time. Iā€™m pretty sure that nobody could say for sure if and how much extra time it would really cost in the end. Game development is a process with a lot of unknown variables. Focus and self-limitation at a certain stage in development isnā€™t the worst idea if you want to deliver a consistent and fleshed-out product on time. :wink:

1 Like

I would like to see both options as its situational roaming the country vs melee fighting. Both groups (1st and 3rd person supporters) will be satisfied if they can choose what they prefer.