Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

Did you try it at least? Or is all the discussion theoretical? If you didn’t try, you should. If it doesn’t work then ask for help. If it works, then, enjoy it!

1 Like

The explanation is simple: some don’t want the option for a 3rd-person view to be available because then, how can they prove to their friends that they have played the entire game using only the 1st-person view? :smile:

I know that this topic is done with, but maybe you could choose at the beginning of the game if you want to play it in 1st- or 3rd-person?

1 Like

I usually do the opposite: use 3rd-person view in battles – it makes it easier to see what is behind you or around the corner, as well as much easier to correctly appreciate the (fighting) distance between you and your opponent (the graphics may be 3D, but the screen is still flat) – thus, at times, affecting the very difficulty of the game!

In conclusion: playing a non-shooter game in 1st-person is just more difficult, and I suspect this is the reason why so many are put off at the idea of an “optional” 3rd-person camera. My suggestion was to offer this choice at (and only at) the beginning of the game. @warhorse

The whole combat system is designed for first person

2 Likes

This is 50% of the whole argument against TPV. There is a large majority of backers that backed for the Hardcore FPV aspect of this project. many of us are excited for a game that will be challenging in a realistic representation. Hell they mention Darksouls as being apart of their inspiration which happens to be considered the most difficult game out there currently.

you post allot about immersion in this forum yet you want a feature that breaks immersion entirely? your posts are beginning to become contradictory to your claims.

The concept of picking one view over the other at the beginning of the game and then not having the option to change it later is a pain in the ass.

If it were to be implemented it should have an on/off selection in the settings menu, and then when set to on you would bind a key to switch between FPV-TPV in game. this would give everyone the view they want and would also prevent accidentally switching for those who do not like it.

The difficult game mentioned as being a part of their inspiration is played entirely in 3rd-person view. cough

The feature of an optional 3rd-person camera chosen at (and only at) the beginning of the game will break immersion only for those who want it that way, for whatever reasons they may have!

Menu -> Start New Game -> Choose camera…

No, it shouldn’t! The whole point I’m trying to make is about that.

For all of you who dont know. Just try Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and you can get the feel of 1st person only RPG. In that game you even dont know how your face look and i must tell that it makes me feel like im that person, it makes RPG more “personal”.

2 Likes

Yes but it wasn’t mentioned for TPV but rather for its difficult combat mechanics, which you mentioned above is made easier by a TPV. so my point of them wanting to make it in FPV and the game having increased difficulty by that is still valid.

As stated before this is a pain in the ass people want an optional view they can switch between. Having to start your game over because your tired of staring at a mans ass is annoying.

Most of the people who have been arguing for TPV want it because they want to see their clothing from time to time and or take nice screenshots of themselves. There are some however that want it because they get vertigo/motion sickness from FPV.

It will be good to have TPV as an option as long as

1. it doesn’t detract from the primary FPV and
  2. TPV has changes to accommodate gameplay in that view rather than just a camera mode change

I understand those who are concerned if TPV is introduced, there is the potential of dumbing down anything in the game and it would detract from an immersion and gameplay standpoint. But if that will not be the case, having TPV would be great for people who want to pick up the game and eventually want to graduate from just finishing the story the first time to really living it up with the subsequent playthroughs.

And its also nice for screenshot and video makers :smile:

1 Like

Which makes me question Warhorse; what’s with these Acts? Wouldn’t it be simpler to make the full game and not ‘‘DLC’’ it?

Which is basically the second to only reason I personally backed this project (First being it’s medieval and historical, and there’s only one or two games out there with this genre but didn’t do very well with it) as many other people probably backed this game for it’s FIRST PERSON ONLY concept. However, as much as I agree with Cerberus about being backstabbed on Warhorse implementing a 3rd person camera after the Kickstarter was finished, I also agree to it on the fact that some people find all the armor in the game and wear it all to ‘‘showcase/model’’ the clothing and equipment you can have. So personally, I do not agree with the 3rd person camera (except for inventory screen and dialogue) while playing the game. Does this mean I want Warhorse to abandon 3rd person for all? No, but this ties into my complaint about a female character. Give us the OPTION to skip her along with playing in first/3rd person, but don’t remove it entirely as this isn’t our game. It’s Warhorse’s vision that we all give advice on.

i doubt it. but many people will make that claim to support their views and blackmail warhorse into abandoning any attempt at a third person feature. i understand that, it’s self interest and it’s natural.

I think its great to give the OPTION.

I dont get why some people are complaining. You get the option to play it the way you like and since there is no multiplayer, why do you care so much about how others play this game?

1 Like

We called that datadisc when I was younger :slight_smile: I allways took DLC as something like “new character skin and new multiplayer map” and Im sure that is not the case.

Anyway, they wrote (well, Dan did) in their devblog. They wated to make it as one three act game. I believe one publisher suggested they should separate it to three but they didnt want to by that time, though they did before Kistarter eventualy. And personaly, Im happy for it. If the act will have cca 30 hours, with new game mechanics, then it is quite a work for new studio (well, not only for new). If the later acts add 10 hours, new map and something (ringen or tournamets MP or polearms… etc), Im satifated.

How many times can this thread be revived?

Haven’t we already got our answer from the development team or is there still some consideration being made? @Hellboy @TobiTobsen.

It’s never too late to rethink decissions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t say I disagree. However I feel like we opened the flood gates of flaming and trolling.

The below quote is worth re posting for all the late comers who haven’t seen it.

5 Likes

Like many other people here, I wouldn’t have a problem with a 3rd person camera option. It would be really nice for screenshots, or just checking how your character looks in a new set of armor. I’d still play the game in first person most of the time though.

2 Likes

xD why vote for 3rdP :slight_smile: just make a Mod that will support it if they alow it :stuck_out_tongue: they use CryEng :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: just saying :wink: and btw why can’t they enable 3rd ingame for players that have Motion Sickness or like me love to see my char in nice Armor sometimes… i play FP games alot but i need to change the game sometimes because i do not get the same feelings when i get something new in game like 3rdP (armors etc) :stuck_out_tongue: anyways this game are made for FP but as i say Cryeng are both FirstP and 3rdP soo there are allways a modder out there that will make a 3rd mod (mirror’s edge AMD Crysis have 3rd mods and manny more).if u are on console they can make a free DLC or something like that :slight_smile: Cheer :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG!

Is this still going on,
or to be more precise, started all over again for the nth time!?!
Really!?!

Give it a rest already!

PS:
Go to Valve HQ and whine about Half-Life not being in 3rd PS! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes one of the most successful game franchises.
Dear God, how could they do that!
We’re all gonna die a horrible death!