Postponed 2017

it is true that the game has been postponed to 2017?
this is not good.
I got bored of waiting and never have a news story or just have bad news.
disappointed

1 Like

Hey kuck2168, hang in there :0) We will announce an official release date either by E3, or sometime closer to Gamescom.

OR Gamescom… or later…??? Which year?

This news is not a good news.

2 Likes

will you be at GamesCOM and will I be able to play KD:C there?

I’ve read it on gameranx, but it wasn’t much of a surprise. At least I will have The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine.

Yeah im on the annoyed bandwagon here.

First we get almost a complete blackout, then its E3 we will have a release, now we are getting E3 or gamescom?

This isn’t the first time I have seen it posted lately.

Hype has all but died, come E3 if all we get is summer 2017 theres gonna be shit all up in a bunch of people’s cornflakes.

4 Likes

We’re running out of 2016. Do you really think it’s going to go from its current state to release ready on all platforms this year? I’m sure the holiday period would be a desirable time to release, but that’s probably a little optimistic. Once that passes, there will be less pressure, and a far more realistic 2017 release seems far more likely.

I sure hope to be there! As always, more details will be revealed about Gamescom soon also. We’re really focusing on E3 at the moment! So close!

Just so y’all know, I’ve been a fan of Kingdom Come Deliverance long before I started working for them. I would have liked to see the game come out last year! Meaning, I’m just being impatient because when I really am invested into a game, I want the full version asap! Truth is, the more time that is put into a game, the better it will be. We will have more to talk about at E3, so hang in there a tad longer friends.

I completely understand all of the frustration. Forgive me if I can’t be more specific just yet. I’m with you all on this. The game will be worth the wait.

3 Likes

I would prefer the game get pushed back into 2017 and release as a polished, optimized, finished product instead of getting pushed out the door in 2016 as a buggy mess with unfinished mechanics requiring a series of patches to fix.

8 Likes

I think the delay is the fault of the console

1 Like

Dude, is it really a surprise though?

We already had one push-back,of course there will be more delays. It seems inevitable now with this game…

The whole silent running treatment is what annoys me the most though. We hear this shit through random sources, rather than straight from the WarHorses mouth. We all want a finished and polished final game, but it’s just the delivery (or lack thereof) of information direct from the studio to it’s backers and keen supporters that is what’s the most frustrating element.

For the love of bacon, E3 better deliver SOMETHING!

3 Likes

It’s kinda what I expected and I don’t really mind it (if true). The game still needs a work it seems and the graphics quality is so good (I can imagine these assets take a lot of time too) it will still be state of the art even one year from now. From a marketing standpoint it might possibly be a good idea to avoid the huge competition that happens near the end of the year.

I hope really WH will deliver something great at E3, as it’s a good time to restart the hype machine! :sunny: As for delivering news, I have followed the development of several crowdsourced games and KCD is still one of the best in informing backers about the current state of the game. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not really surprising and probably for the better. I’d rather the game came out cleared of all the awkwardness and jank and technical bumps the beta is full of. It’s really only bad news for Dan who will have to keep paying his guys for another year :smiley:

That said they shouldn’t have stated any preliminary release dates at all. No “summer 2016”, not even a year. It’s their first game and it’s a quite a novel and original one at that, all kinds of things couldn’ve gone wrong. They should’ve just said “it’s done when it’s done”. Blizzard does it all the time and nobody complains. Building up expectations and then not “Delivering” is much worse than not providing any details at all.

4 Likes

the game needs updates to finish the masterpiece, but where are these aggiornamneti ??
my fear is that the PC version has been set aside to work better on consoles.
god damn money

That is probably because they are working on the game, which takes time, instead of gabbing away about it. I remember reading an article on game and film development and the risk of revealing a project too early to the public. There will be times of work intensive development in which they go silent because they are working on it. The public usually flips out and worries that the game or film has been cancelled or will never be finished, which is not the case. Learn to be patient, game development is a long process, check their Youtube channel. They have been great about posting updates every now and then.

Not at all. I knew about this before most here.

My sentiments exactly, there allot of new members in this community that do not know the depth of communication we used to receive on development.

Now before I start to sound entitled, this level of communication was set by WH in the beginning.

We didn’t get weekly status updates or even monthly reports it was simple things that showed us (the backers) that the game was developing.

We don’t need details of the story or other spoilers but it would reasonable to share things on how (goe instance) the smithing mechanics are developing (the most anticipated mechanic that we have very little details on).

Theres allot of people arguing that silence means things are being worked on so much they are too busy, it has always been rare for anyone other then the PR team to be active on here. Interaction from WH team other then PR has always been a sprinkle and usual about major news.

Now we mostly get vague information if anything at. I used to be a member of the moderating team here, this isn’t some random bitch fest, its genuine concern about the development of the game.

If we have to wait 1-2 more years fine, just stop being coy and tell us.

3 Likes

I saw Warhorse commenting on one of their new videos there’s a new video update in the works. So there is that.

Like I said, check their YouTube channel. Subscribe so you never miss an update.

They are working on the game and you have a playable version. Video updates take time to make, time that is better spent elsewhere. An update every three months or so is not unreasonable. What other information are you fishing for from Warhorse? Would a single sentence tweet from them every week saying “yes we are alive and working on the game” be enough to appease your need for constant surveillance on the game development?

1 Like

Already done mate, check the comment section im all over there answering questions the same I have been for 2 years.

As posted before newer members such as your self do not have understanding of the level of communication that used to be present.