Postponed 2017

That is probably because they are working on the game, which takes time, instead of gabbing away about it. I remember reading an article on game and film development and the risk of revealing a project too early to the public. There will be times of work intensive development in which they go silent because they are working on it. The public usually flips out and worries that the game or film has been cancelled or will never be finished, which is not the case. Learn to be patient, game development is a long process, check their Youtube channel. They have been great about posting updates every now and then.

Not at all. I knew about this before most here.

My sentiments exactly, there allot of new members in this community that do not know the depth of communication we used to receive on development.

Now before I start to sound entitled, this level of communication was set by WH in the beginning.

We didn’t get weekly status updates or even monthly reports it was simple things that showed us (the backers) that the game was developing.

We don’t need details of the story or other spoilers but it would reasonable to share things on how (goe instance) the smithing mechanics are developing (the most anticipated mechanic that we have very little details on).

Theres allot of people arguing that silence means things are being worked on so much they are too busy, it has always been rare for anyone other then the PR team to be active on here. Interaction from WH team other then PR has always been a sprinkle and usual about major news.

Now we mostly get vague information if anything at. I used to be a member of the moderating team here, this isn’t some random bitch fest, its genuine concern about the development of the game.

If we have to wait 1-2 more years fine, just stop being coy and tell us.

3 Likes

I saw Warhorse commenting on one of their new videos there’s a new video update in the works. So there is that.

Like I said, check their YouTube channel. Subscribe so you never miss an update.

They are working on the game and you have a playable version. Video updates take time to make, time that is better spent elsewhere. An update every three months or so is not unreasonable. What other information are you fishing for from Warhorse? Would a single sentence tweet from them every week saying “yes we are alive and working on the game” be enough to appease your need for constant surveillance on the game development?

1 Like

Already done mate, check the comment section im all over there answering questions the same I have been for 2 years.

As posted before newer members such as your self do not have understanding of the level of communication that used to be present.

I have been following the game since before the Kickstarter. What made you think I’m new? Is it because I disagree with you? Unless that was intended as an insult in which case: LOW.

Following, and being active in the community are different things.

You made your account just barely over a year ago.

compared to the time and activity here to other members you are new.

No insult intended.

Yes, but you used it as a point in your argument on the topic of war horse updates and in a way that would imply I haven’t been around long enough to know that they posted updates more frequently in the past: “newer members such as your self do not have understanding of the level of communication that used to be present.”

My account age is just how long I have had a forum account, it does not mean I have not been here reading the forums nor does it mean I haven’t been following the game for years. If we both recognize that there is a difference between “following the game’s development” and “being active in it’s forum community”, then why did you bring it up at all? What relevance does my community activity have to do with the original argument?

The point is I have been following the game for years and as we’ve established my forum account is very recent. I know they posted updates more in the past but they also had a lot to show off and plans in motion for future content. Now they are working on the new features and cannot post updates as often.

Chill mate. I think you’re misinterpreting McWonderBards meaning (it’s his new name btw).

He even called out that he wasn’t intending to sound entitled.[quote=“McWonderBeast, post:17, topic:28251”]
Now before I start to sound entitled, this level of communication was set by WH in the beginning.
[/quote]

So no need to take offence. You two simply have a difference of opinion here, regardless of forum activity or not.

Although, I’d have to agree that there’s a difference IMO between active contributor and casual (or even active) browser. It’s one thing to say you’ve been following, it’s another entirely to take the time to respond and contribute.

Regardless of all of that… we’re all here for similar reasons, and we all want the same thing. A better final product. And the root of the discussion is purely around better lines of honest and open communication. I’m sure we’d all much rather hear any such game news direct from WH aficionados (Community Managers or PR folks), rather than some random third party.

Sure I’d love to see more updates and the like, but I’m realistic and I understand how this isn’t always necessarily feasible. But at the very least, what we do deserve without question is honesty.

5 Likes

I know that’s what he wrote and I never accused him of entitlement. He accused me of lacking knowledge on the regularity of updates in the past because my forum account was new, which is what led to the debacle. What is it I am misinterpreting?

Honestly though, this has gotten the forum off track.

That it was intended as an insult… when it wasn’t

That’s all.

But as you say, we digress

I didn’t take it as an insult (I guess that is how it reads though). I even added an addendum to the end of one of my posts asking if it was (because that was my second thought). He said it wasn’t. The issue was about his false assumption that I was new based on my forum activity and the implication that I did not know about the regularity of past updates on a thread about wanting more regular updates.

Hey im New, but I bought the beta yesterday With the info that it would be released summer 16. I just lost my freakin job and I dont have 50 bucks to spend for something i have to wait a year to get my hands on. Whats the refund policy of this Company? This is misleading info.

Boy I sure hope so. I used to look at this forum all the time. Now its once a week. You guys must of had a major breakthrough or something. I didn’t really expect it to release 2016… but the communication… bleh…

I’ll hang in there.

2 Likes

The beta is only 1/5 of the entire game. There will be more to talk about come E3. That’s all I can say for now, good sir.

@Sir_Rick @DrFusselpulli Hey guys, anyone got an answer for Bob re his query above?

1 Like

It’s to early. It is now 5:57 in Prague.

All good, I was just ensuring that his question was brought to the right peoples attention :wink:

No problem. I only noticed that he sended his post at 21:00 Prague local time and if some one of the Warhorse team had already readed the post, I guess they will first discuss this with the accounting and perhaps the legal bases. Since the offical side it talking about funding and not paying, I guess there is no legal right for a refund, but there is always goodwill if there is a will.
Since he lost his Job, I hope he will get a refund.

Exactly :smile:

1 Like