Prague in Act III?

Caveat: no, there haven’t been any leaks about this from Warhorse.

But should the pre-hussite wars story telling take us to Prague in Act III, that would be quite fab. Creating that city in digital might be a huge challenge for Warhorse, though, especially with the Neustadt being built since 1360ties, making Prague the third largest city in the Roman empire (if not Europe), with about 70.000 full citizens.

The famous Langweil’s paper model of Prague, digitalised in 2009, might be a good starting point, if Warhorse could revert what was transformed during baroque times. http://www.langweil.cz/project.php

What other Czech location would you like to see as the game progresses? At least some larger royal city, Domažlice perhaps? Or even Tábor?

1 Like

i feel lets not get ahead of ourselve.s act is still development. try and talk things cotribute to its success

1 Like

I don’t know about Prague, but there’s been speculation that one of the acts will take place in Vienna, since that’s where the King was held prisoner.

Nope. Too large bite and not so much interesting from the view of that time. More likely Kutna hora.

1 Like

The devs did mention that one of the acts would involve a large city, I believe.

Yep there will be some larger city or at least a section of it.

4 Likes

If there can be Constantinople, Paris or London in some other games, there should be Prague as well! :smile:

Or at least Tabor. Note that this city was built up from 1420 onwards, so Act3 could have just one quest - built it up! Get the right people, materials… this is actually the only thing I liked in AC3 - developing my own village…

2 Likes

you see, one thing is to make city of 20 houses call it Prague and second to make accurate model of actual city.

(note that “20 house” part is just an exaggeration)

thanks, sounds like challenge enough. Given Daniel Vavra’s fancy for Prague ( I see him regularly at Malá Strana walking his dog - always after 10am btw - so much for working moral at Warhorse ;), I was hoping that perhaps Dan would be pumped to try put Prague into digital, but yeah, probably out of this world.

2 Likes

in most other games, cities are condensed and highly stylized. paris in asscreed looks like a movie set, very fake. for war horse the stated goal is to be as accurate as possible in terms of scale and accuracy. some things are destroyed many times over and there’s no way to recreate, but they make approximations for that. but on the large, everything will be accurate in size, with minor tweaks to things like doorways and interiors for ease of entry and movement, etc.

This is way too soon to be making such assumptions. Also, in order to realistically simulate a city with 70,000 inhabitants in a game would take years, if at all possible. I sincerely doubt it would show Prague, unless you want an Assassin’s Creed-like city, in which all the doors are locked and inaccessible and all the NPC’s are not able to be interacted with. I think we should be happy with the village aspect of the game, as it emphasizes the NPCs’ individuality and gives us a more realistic in-depth feel to the game.

2 Likes

you’re Stalker :smile:
I’ve been on vacation to Prague but failed to see any of the known @warhorse team, despite the fact I literally walked to sightseenings all day every day…
Guess you know where to look :smile:

1 Like

:smile: not a stalker - all decent Czech people live in Malá Strana, so it’s no wonder we all know and see each other almost daily.

But next time I see Dan promenading in the streets after 10AM, I will utter something about their needs to extend the game publication date way into 2016 I think hehe.

1 Like

LOL… “At least” Constantinople". Sure, that’s not too big a bite… just a wee nibble.

I just hope there will be recurring bounty quests in the expansion/dlc because right now I want so badly to go back into my game to get my bandit slaying fix in however there’s nothing giving that incentive quest wise lol.

I"m going to start it up and see if I can adventure out to find some camps or see if old ones have respawned. The combat is so good (too easy right now, but good)

It might be possible with heavy procedural generation, but even then it would likely take years of dev time. We might see it as a sequel or major DLC, but I wouldn’t count on it.

There could just be a mission where you teleport to a small portion of a prague, maybe the castle and after the mission you teleport back to the normal map. But I guess the big city they speak about will be Kuttenberg.