PS4 Pro Slow Texture and Clothing loading since patch 1.03

I play the game on PS4 Pro and since patch 1.03 the loading of textures and clothing are realy slow. When i walk around i see textures and clothing loading up in front of me. At the release i noticed the clothing popping up when your close but not the textures, this happened since the new patch.
I’ve been waiting a long time to play this game and it breaks my heart to see these horrible graphics.
I stopped playing the game and i hope it will get fixed soon.

1 Like

same problem on my ps4… im verry angry because how can they bring out a patch like this…a blind man can see that this is no improvement…

Same problem on PS4 Pro already made a topic last night here Patch 1.03 Problems on PS4 Pro and also tweeted the devs but so far no answer back

1 Like

Ya salió un nuevo parche y aún así sigue fatal. Juego desde una Ps4 Pro y sinceramente estoy muy decepcionado. Entiendo que los gráficos tengan que ser los que son y qué en consola funcione peor incluso que cada decisión que se allá tomado por los productores haya sido en favor de la inmersión del juego.

Pero yo no puedo sentirme dentro de este mundo medieval si los árboles aparecen y desaparecen constantemente en el paisaje que me rodea. Si las casas se conviertes en papeles pintados y de los huertos brotan vegetales por arte de magia. Las texturas aparecen,desaparecen, tardan en cargarse y se solapan entre si destruyendo la belleza de Bohemia. Una gran decepción.

Por mucho trabajo y dedicación que haya supuesto y los miles de detalles, estilo de combate,robo, realismo etc… únicos e innovadores que tiene, aún habiéndome gastado 60€ tristemente tendre que volver a jugar a Skirym que por lo menos el ambiente y el paisaje me envuelve en su universo.

I have the same issue on PS4 Pro, since the 1.03 patch the pop in is ridiculous and it’s ruining the game for me. I was happily playing the game on 1.02 and I wish I could go back to playing that version.

The devs haven’t even acknowledged this issue and claim that nothing was done to change the graphics. I hope this is something that will be fixed or reverted because otherwise I won’t be playing the game again. Every time an object or person just spawns into existence a few feet away it destroys my immersion and I think back to how much better this was before the latest patch.

There was pop-in on patch 1.02, but it was nowhere near this bad and easy to ignore. The framerate was perfectly adequate before the patch and slowdown was rare, on the PS4 Pro at least.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it from disc with no patches. The pop-in was back to pre-patch levels, the game looked great again! But I don’t want to have to start the game from the beginning again and lose 50 hours of progress, plus I expect some bug would prevent me completing the game anyway as it’s quite unstable without patches.

I don’t hold much hope that these issues will be fixed, the devs don’t even want to acknowledge this downgrade or graphics bug, whatever it is.

Alright; experienced IT person here…
Possible soution contained herein:
(try and give feedback).

FIX: backup game (to an external drive), clean up internal drive, and then restore game (from backup).

Why should this work?
game installs to say 50GB. Patch, say 20GB then changes majority of file/code in base 50Gb; game is now spread out over quite possible 100GB of hard drive space (wth large gaps made from the patch cleaning itself up quite possible).

Whilst I have no authority on playstation patch processess… (there are a few methods they could be using) the above given example leads to textures and game code spread out over huge areas of the physical platters on a harddrive.
Read heads read linear chunks of data, and then seek (wait time) to other data where they read, in linear fashion again. rinse and repeat.
Anything we can do to make the data into one large continuous chunk, will save time on seeking to other parts of the disc.
A little bit of seeking here and there isn’t such an issue,… but when it all adds up.(?!)

Sometimes even streaming CDquality music is enough to tip the iceberg (is that a saying?)…

If turning off ingame music allows higher quality textures to pop in, quicker, it is a safe bet that data (not) loading/streaming is problematic for the drive to do.

So solutions? (if the problem is from streaming assets) is to ‘upgrade to a SSD’.
Whilst this is doable,… it is expensive and few playstation games will benefit (they are usually designed from the ground up to use hard drives).
The drive size being considerably less (within budget) would prove more nuisance than benefit.
A faster hard drive?Yes… cost efficient whilst allowing similar sizes that a typical gamer might want…
Iwent 7200RPM internal drive and most everything my Playstatin has to do, is noticably quicker.

Anyhow for all users not wanting to spend money on a solution… Ideal situation is to download/install the full game (with patches), make a backup (OFFDISK), then ideally format the internal drive (careful will lose everything), or at least clean it up (might be hard to know how fragmented it is, but a few large games installed when the playstation was new will no doubt have a large continous piece of drive space… and should prove a great place to return a ‘now made linear’ game by restoring the backup.

Soz my phone died midway through keying this message, fortunately the forum had saved most of it… but I lost my train of thought, … so will post whatever is here and hope it helps someone.

I appreciate you trying to help Whitedragem but the issue isn’t HDD fragmentation.

It’s easy to test; I make a fresh install of the game from the CD without patching and the pop-in is the same as it was prior to patch 1.03. I update the game and suddenly the pop-in is ridiculous and immersion breaking. Something the devs did in patch 1.03 either created this issue, whether it was intentional or not I don’t know.

There was always pop-in, but before patch 1.03 it wasn’t that distracting, at least to me.

I am using simple scientific process, and your example doesnt defeat my logic (actually reinforces it but you would have to understand a lot about drive read speeds, platter densities, revolutions, and SEEKTIMES.)

when you get to SEEKTIMES you will start to form concepts about data being located next to itself.
When you have been paying attention to that fact for a few decades,… feel welcomed to be the authority in thread on the topic…
in the meantime…
When you install you game it will install to the next free available part of the drive. if that happens to be a bit located between an old assasins creed game and some music files, then it starts there…
and fills on for 50Gb,… taking up every last bit of drive space along the way…
you only deleted SOME songs? OHNO=- you have four megabyte chunks of game (stored in 2Gb files on PC) scattered between ancient data… all over your disc.
We dont see it that way.
We see a button marked play. Iget it. It should work.

but…
we can do a few things to help.

so irrelevant if a patch has been applied,… a lot of people (I think everyone) will want to do this backup trick… right now Ineed testers,… not naysayers… (Patch only exacerbates the above example by about ten thousand)

data has to read in this game using streaming textures…
now Icannot guarantee success with this solution…
Sony,clever blighters that they are use all sort of temp partitions in their drives,… located on the outer part of a platter. (If a user has replaced a drive there is a very high chance they have significanly reduced their game loading speeds and destroyed games like this from playing looking pretty)
if sony are using something tricky for the texture stream I could be wrong… it wouldn’t make sense for them too… (Icould understand on xbox using a direct x 12 feature they could draw all graphics from a 5Gb photo effectiely),… the texture streaming engines as used by this game just load up higher res assets as we get close…
if all our graphics data is in one easy to ready chunk of drive space… they will get nice and high res’y like the devs built it to do…
Neither console to the best of my knowledge has any plan in place for managing drives fragmentation and placement of game data. The steps Ihave given are a great trick (that would probably work on both platforms) for giving your system the best crack at this game.

I really have better things to do than make this up.