Question to WH Engine Dev Team and modding community

I just watched the recent devblog video of Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlords, which showcased the game’s own engine and modding capabilities:

What do you think of that?

Cheerio,
Yuusou

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to that game. Realism is all well and good, but who can resist waging war against the rest of the world, at the head of a kingdom?

4 Likes

Yes, they make a lot of things right …thanks Yuusou!

1 Like

Looks amazing!! I hope moders have that same level of access for KCD.

Kingdom come deliverance and Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord. This year was a good year.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to both Bannerlord and Kingdom Come Deliverance :smile:

That said - I really hope that Warhorse adds mod tools as the next stretch goal.

No need for that, they are already promised. :wink:

1 Like

Do you have a link to this?

It’s widely known information, Warhorse promised it during kickstarter campaign. Here is one quotation from the forum;

I think Talewords made a HUGE progress with their new engine. I think Bannerlord will be awesome game when they resease it (hopefully 2015, but 2016 most definitely).
In a matter of fact, the first time I saw Deliverance was on Talewords’s forums. I loved the game and immediately backed it up via Kickstarter. I also own every M&B game out there and enjoy them even now, after thousands of hours total gameplay. So, I adore nicely done medieval realistic RPG with adequate combat mechanics (not button mashing) and can’t wait for Bannerlord or Deliverance to be released. It is a good thing if we gamers could support both @Warhorse and Talewords!

BTW I also bought M&B Caribbean on Steam early access. Althought I haven’t played it much because I don’t want to spoil my experience with the game with an early build, all I can say is that Caribbean is nicely made and it is very promising. There is a definite progress from M&B wFaS and if you are fans of the franchise, now it is the time to back the developers and buy the game via Steam.

1 Like

Definately one of my personal top 3 most anticipated games, together with KCD and The Witcher 3. Looks like next year, will be a good year - at least gaming wise.

also think the engine was always the bottleneck in M & B, now looks better and the modders will provide realistic maps … am very curious - is purchased, I must have :slight_smile:

I’m totally excited if there will be a new 1257AD mod for Bannerlord. Loved this mod in Warband.

1 Like

Brythenwalda with new Engine …:slight_smile:

Taleworld has developed the engine itself or comes to someone familiar? Have seen something like that before years ago (Havok / Unity?)

As far as I know it’s an in-house engine. I guess it uses C++ since the audio middleware software PSAI is used for this game and this is only available as Unity or C++ integration. I have no doubt that indie-game designers like to work on their own engines (even Mafia was created with Illusion Softworks’ own engine called LS3D) because they want to have their own workflow, their own process management and their own way for implementing game content. Also limitations of other engines sometimes lead to creating your own engine, because you have to balance the amount of time and money used for creating workarounds (if possible) with creating your own engine. I think the Cryengine was chosen because it offers lots of effects that would need more resources to be created on your own with that quality. Nevertheless, they’re adding sub-modules (reads workarounds) like the behavior module to the original engine to overcome limitations.

1 Like

I sense I’ve understand something. :slight_smile: Thank you nonetheless for trying, technology is not my domain. Time demand as a layman: when can a programmer / designer in the field of engine add things / manipulate, it is then also possible to permit like an editor as a function as part of the game the player? Example, certain elements to give (about surfaces/areas) for processing by the player free?
Example of an application: I conquer in M & B a castle. I find flaws in the plan of this castle. This I would like to eliminate, optimize the castle, may modify or enhance the landscape better, create a ditch in addition…