Questions about Battle of Tannenberg/Zalgiris/Grunwald

Hello,
im new here so this is my first post and topic .
Just wanted to know if this battle will be in game what sources will developers use?
since most people always say that Jan Długosz is the best source for that but i disparage about that.
He wasnt in battle and written his book long time after the battle happened. and everyone knows he hated Lithuanians so his bias against them is noticeable in his writings.

So just wanted to ask:
Did anybody hear about the Cronica conflictus and that anonymous letter that suggested that Lithuanians actually didint retreat the battle but its was a tactical maneuver similar to what mongols used and since Lithuanians fought them they might picked it up.
anyway i would like to hear your opinions and sorry if i made something wrong or there is a topic already (i haven’t found any)
Thanks

1 Like

Grunwald was fought in 1410, Kingdom Come is set in 1403. Grunwald also wasn’t in Bohemia. So I think the chances are pretty slim of seeing it. Or even getting mention OF it.

I don´t know, but look at this discussion…

@Ambaryerno, I’m really impressed! I’ve always been fascinated with the middle ages and I’m excited what I’m going to be learning from other players here.

1 Like

Thanks very much.

But seriously if they have battle of Grunewald and they wont include Lithuanians and will make it pure polish Victory or if they make Lithuanians actually retreat the battle .i will rage so hard

1 Like

but wasn’t that exactly what happened? lithuanian light cavalry routed which led to the rest of the lithuanians retreating then regrouping

Yes the routing was just bait for Teutons, they pretended to flee and later returned, you can say it was similar what Normans did in battle of Hastings. Run away, let the enemy abandon their position then attack.

there is a good video explaining the battle tactics, its in Lithuanian but you can tun on English subtitles, anyways its quite self explanatory in the video itself

but what im trying to say that Jan dlugoz written down that Lithuanians retreated Completely and never returned to battle which is not true

So … does the player have to fight against the Teutonic Order or is there a chance that he can join them?

Umm, and are those alternative sources stating it wasn’t a retreat actualy any more credible? Because some anonymous letter and anonymously written chronicle that nowadays only exists as some shortened copy of the original text don’t seem to be that much more convincing.

I am pretty sure there is no definitive proof it was one way or another, so “raging hard” over any way the warhorse choose for their potential depiction of the battle probably won’t have much to do with concerns of historical accuracy…