Questions about Mac version of Kingdom Come

Hello

I hope someone from Warhorse will find time to respond to this one.
I am passionate Mac gamer (there isn’t many of those :slight_smile: ) and I was very surprised when you announced Mac and Linux support in your kickstarter campaign. It was also main reason for increasing my pledge to Earl :wink:

How do you plan to bring Kingdom Come to OS X?

1. Do It Yourself
    We (Mac gamers) have never seen CryEngine game on OS X.
    Does your tools support targeting OS X?
    Do you have someone in your team with deep knowledge of OS X, it’s OpenGL implementation and games development on it?

2. Hire Someone
    Dan Vávra said that WarHorse will be recruiting new employes.
    If 1. is partially correct, do you plan to recruit someone to work on OS X version?

3. Use service of Porting House
    Have you considered using porting company like Feral Interactive (they brought Mafia 2 to Mac, lot of solid ports), Aspyr or Virtual Programming (responsible for Witcher 2 - not great port, big performance delta)?

4. Use Wine (cider from TransGaming)
    We usually don’t like this option. These games often break with new version of OS. Bad performance and support.

Do you plan to support OS X in long term?

If new OS X version breaks something (crash/worse performance because of new driver, etc) 3,4,5,… years after release. Will you update game to fix the problem?

What I mostly worry about

• big performance delta between Windows and Mac version [? lack of experienced people to optimize and debug Mac version (scenario 1)]

• proper testing on various configurations [? you don’t have fleet of Macs (like Feral does) ]

I can ask in Czech if any question isn’t clear.

7 Likes

I’m interested too, as Mac is my main platform for work and gaming too.

Answering in type of: Buy a console is not the answer I’d love to read.

Thanks

3 Likes

They should consider contacting Ryan C. Gordon. He is responsible for pretty much every major port to Linux and Mac. He also works closely with the SDL project and Valve.

http://icculus.org/~icculus/

The question is clear, thank you. We plan to do the port ourselves and we should have more information we can share with you in few months. Thank you for your patience.

5 Likes

Thank you. I will wait patiently for more info.

As a MacBook Pro user I am very happy to learn this. I did not want to have to buy a console or gaming PC just to play this game. Thank you!

Mac’s are simply not as powerful as PCs. PC Master Race.

Funfact: A gaming PC is cheaper than just about any Mac. :slight_smile:

The Crytek SDK seems to become available for Linux, soon.

http://steamdb.info/app/220980/

1 Like

Indeed an awesome news! I was just beginning to think I’d be forced to come back to Win… (sorry, I cannot say THAT name) only for playing KCD :wink:

1 Like

Yeah … Really interested in this game. My main reason for backing it was that there would be a Mac Version. I no longer own a PC so a Mac Version is something I’m really looking forward too.

Yes … I could go for some BootCamp stuff, but I noticed I stop doing that after playing a game once or twice. The only games I still start are those games which don’t require rebooting into Windows.

This is great news for the Mac gaming community, especially an in-house port. I am really looking forward to hearing more information when you have it and helping as I can when the time comes.

Best wishes to the development team with the game generally.

Don’t talk nonsense, sir, just for the sake of it. Cheers! By the way, I own both platforms and PC are awesome machines. We Mac users like PCs… but we usually don’t like that over-rated thing called Windows :wink:

Is an OSX version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance still planned?

Hello, anyone there?

I dont really know, but there is planned big anouncement at E3 where there will be talk about release date, linux etc.

Thanks, would be nice if they told us backers first.

1 Like

Well it’s E3 time, do we know when the announcement will be?

1 Like

Later, not there yet. :slight_smile:

Are we there yet?

2 Likes