Questions and comments about the short story competition

Are rude words allowed?

Just to clarify, because my story might have a few rude words in it.

If not, then i will gladly alter my story so that more acceptable words can be used instead.

Maybe I should have put more than 45 minutes into it:(

1 Like

You can still change it till the 29th of February :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, rude words are allowed, they are also in the game, so why not in the story :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings!

Is it necessary to be a currenter backer to enter this competition? The game looks amazing, alas, I am one of the many broke college students of the US. A chance for beta participation while saving up some cash for the full release would be wonderful!

It is unnecessary, almost half of the competitors arenā€™t backers.

It would be weird to offer something we all have exclusively to us:P

1 Like

Haha yeah, I had that thought a lil while after posting and decided to start a rough draft. derp
Anyway thanks for the clarification!

3 Likes

Yes, everyone can particpate. But you need at least an account here on the forum to post your story. :slight_smile:

Is the story going to be used for an in-game quest? If so, should we write it so that there are multiple possible outcomes in the end?

I was also wondering about the different ways to obtain beta access. I know you can donate and I know about winning this contest. Will there be any other ways?

No, the story will not be used in the game, this is just a competition for fun. :slight_smile:
People were already writing stories, so why not make something bigger about it?

Right now there is no other way to get beta access then from donation and this contest, yes.

1 Like

Hey, can I write the story in Spanish?
cuz I canā€™t write it in English without an extense vocabularyā€¦

If you want, you can write the story also in Spanish, but our spanish audience is reasonable small, and we have no extra competition for spanish people. You can write your spanish story in one of the other languages, but most people will not be able to read it and if they donĀ“t understand your story, they will not be able to vote for it. This will make it really difficult.

Does the beta access prize also give you access to act 1 when it comes out?

Yes, you also will get access to act 1 :slight_smile:

Wow Iā€™d probably better improve my story then! Thanks!

1 Like