Regarding the Video Updates

I don’t know about you, but I personally would like to hear more about the work done on the actual gameplay mechanics and less about the graphics and rest.

1 Like

Will keep that in mind! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a game, after all, and not a computer-animated movie…

i agree, and disagree. i do think there are certain mechanics that I’d REALLY like to hear about more, specifically involving the non-combat stuff. things more aligned with playing like a bard or thief character. can i perform music/songs? how do i do that? how difficult is it to pickpocket? is there lock-picking? how deep does the “leveling” or progression system go? it would be a shame to have all this Knight stuff (armor, shields, weapons, banners, coat of arms) along with all the stats the character has when he remains this humble blacksmith. seems to me there’s either a point in the game where you become more than you start or you use this system to prove your worth and defend your people, etc. either way there are definitely more things to touch on.

i disagree in that if you watch the video updates and the livestream, there’s TONS of gameplay stuff that they’ve shown off. blacksmith minigame, branching dialogues, horse riding, sword fighting… and i know you don’t have alpha access (according to your badge) but there was quite more to do than i was expecting. quests were shown off, archery mini-game (and if you did well enough you got to keep the bow & arrows), driving sheep around by just walking, more dialogues, etc. there has been plenty shown off, i’d recommend watching various alpha playthrough vids from the community.

also, there are going to be some things the devs don’t want to show, not this early at least and some stuff probably never until it’s released. some stuff will want to be a surprise, at least that seems likely to me. i’m with you thought, i really want to see more but i don’t want to see the whole game before it comes out, i want to really be surprised that first time i make a potion and i don’t know how effective it is because i’ve never seen it done before in a dev video. a fine balance must be struck but the gamer in me wants all of this ASAP. go dev team, i know you guys are rocking it!!

4 Likes

Give this man a cookie!

me like cookies. nom nom nom nom!

1 Like

We want cookies too!

If you do a video update about what @hydronics311 said then I might be able to give you some cookies.

Just so you know, there is a new little Video-Update for the coming Alpha-Update, if that´s what you´re waiting for :3

Yes! This, this, and this again. :smile:

I’m a metrics analyst, and if there’s one thing I know to be true is that you never show people your works in progress. All that ends up happening is they start picking it apart.

Sure, with games we’re lucky to be able to have large milestones such as Alpha and Beta. But even releasing the Alpha to the public (non-programmers, non-devs, non-adults :wink: ), was risky. It ended up being a good risk though, as it seems in the aftermath that we as a community know what NOT to expect in an Alpha “game”.

But yeah, if you show people what you’re working on too early, people just end up finding all of the bad parts of it and asking you to change it. :blush: :expressionless:

2 Likes