Requesting refunds

I have send you an email

Even if I never intended on playing this game, I would let them keep my money to support this game studio. We need more Warhorse and less EA. Not that EA hasn’t released some good titles, but, in general, they are akin to the devil.

Okay, I am already in Email contact with you.

Balex, I missed the Kickstarter! I can buy your account/pledge if you want?

When do i get my refund

I will check about it.

Hello,
I would like to possibly get a refund,
should I contact someone directly?

Thank you.

Hello @pierreanthony

1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

Please kindly note that under EU law on the purchase of online goods and services, a purchase made less than 14 days ago doest not require a reason to request a refund :wink:

And that’s the case here.

Thanks again for your help, good luck with the development continuation.

In case of digital online content, it applies only if you didn’t start downloading it. If you downloaded 1 byte of the beta, you have no legal right for refund.

True.
But here we are talking about content that wasn’t released yet as a finished product so no download is made of the actual released game.
It’s not early access purchase with say Steam conditions.
Here it’s a pre-order with a possibility to access the beta so it doesn’t apply.

I didn’t mean to sound mean, sorry if It did.

But it’s not even the issue here actually.

Than you for your answer in any case :slight_smile:

Description of the product:

Digital Edition (PC)

1. Access to full game when released
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beta Access for PC

Downloading beta clearly means downloading of the digital content you purchased.

And nowhere on the www.kingdomcomerpg.com it says anything about pre-order, they actualy define it as donation in their TaC.

That is probably correct and all… however they have been honouring requests for refund in those few cases they have been made.

but…

3 Likes

Well even though I see your point they
accepted the refund.

If you’d like a legal discussion on this (even though again it’s not the point here), the TAC are more than often not enough to be considered a legally binding contract and don’t supersede the actual law. Especially in the case of digital content.

But if you really would like to discuss it please don’t hesitate to message me privately as it’s my actual job :slight_smile:

In the meantime, some reading thst could interest you:

https://www.eff.org/wp/clicks-bind-ways-users-agree-online-terms-service

The Consumer Rights Act of 2015 if you’re in the UK like me:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

And for Europe, which covers CZ on the matter:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/contract/digital-contract-rules/index_en.htm

But It’s of course a fine line which is treated on a case by case basis, and you’re obviously right about digital content already downloaded/streamed:

Quite often It’s edge cases and It’s up to the trader to show good faith or not depending on circumstances and the recent laws on the matter protect the consumer more than before (2015).
That’s why Steam lets you request a refund if you already downloaded a game but didn’t play it more than 2 hours.

and Freix, I’m just seeing the picture you posted and ahah, you’re totally right,
we can argue infinitely about it, in any case, they accepted to refund me and I really appreciate it.

1 Like

I actually knew that from the very second post of yours in this topic :DD One can just tell, just like when someone is vegan… :smiley:

2 Likes

Ahah,
I will admit the law side of me sometimes takes over.
Can’t help it.
Guess that makes me a pompous a** at times.

Are you sure it also works on SW? Software often has quite different rules and qualifications (as SW can be easily multiplied)

14 days to cancel and return purchases made outside shops (online, by phone or mail order)

In the EU you have the right to return these purchases within 14 days for a full refund. You can do so for any reason – even if you simply changed your mind.

hers the link

The 14-day “cooling off” period does not apply, among others, to:

plane and train tickets, as well as concert tickets, hotel bookings, car rental reservations and catering services for specific dates
goods and drinks delivered to you by regular delivery – for example delivery by a milkman.
goods made to order or clearly personalised – such as a tailor-made suit
sealed audio, video or computer software, such as DVDs, which you have unsealed upon receipt.
online digital content, if you have already started downloading or streaming it
goods bought from a private individual rather than a company
urgent repairs and maintenance contracts – if you call a plumber to repair a leaking shower, you can't cancel the work once you have agreed on the price of the service.

so as soon as u download even 1kb u have no 14 days refund … thats why steam is giving u 2 hours gameplay before u can refund after that they dont have to but even if u download it they dont need to refund :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, thought so… SW is usually special in some way :slight_smile: