Skip Time (at least 15 characters)

So right now it doesn’t seem like there’s much to do at night. So I use skip time to make it day again. The problem is, it moves so slow I could watch almost a whole episode of Family Guy. I don’t know if this was intentional or if it’s a bug (hoping it’s a bug) but it should probably move just as quickly as it does in GTA 5 (where the you see the sun/moon shoot across the sky and the time changes in like 3 seconds).

Other than that, alpha is pretty damn awesome! The combat is really, really cool!

1 Like

If I had to guess I’d say that the skip time mechanics is so slow because the AI is very complex and everybody has complex day and night cycles. That’s a bit different to GTA V in which everything is almost the same and no real NPCs with complex behaviours exist. I hope they can optimize that a lot until release though.

3 Likes

It is quite slow. I’d expect this to get better. I’m a bit in the dark on the AIs complexity with their routines, but it doesn’t seem much different from, say Skyrim, and the skip time in that is a lot faster.

Check out this post from the WH Team specifically talking about the complexities of the AI system and it’s impact on game performance;

It’s great that they share these insights with us :smile:

5 Likes