So, the new quest

Here are the herbs from the book.

And the potions.

1 Like

Map updated. added thistle, merchant, and a legend.

1 Like

I think that´s the “best” ending…

spoiler*

And now talk with Marianne…

They will have really fun. Marianne has special abilitys(Sorry, couldn´t resist!).

5 Likes

nice. i guess you gathered more clues or approached his wife differently?

at 213: I will try a description later…

By another attempt I tried to blame Marianne, but my argumentation was not bulletproof.
Bailiff wasn´t impressed. I don´t know if it´s possible. Has someone a solution?

Sorry for the night session! :relaxed:

There are 6(+1) people involved in this quest.
I figured out that the correct order is important. Elsewise you have not all options to talk.

You can start the quest with

Bailiff (market place, tavern)
Jerry (toilet)
Fisherman (river)
Marianne (tavern, travel to the hut and back)
Herb woman (hut)
–Find the rotten meat
Jerrys wife (in Jerrys house)
Jerry
Bailiff
Marianne

(+1) is the smith, but you don´t need him
There are variation, but this works.

When taking to the people get every information they can offer.

At fisherman works (speech).

Marianne (ask everything)

At herb woman (strenght or Jerry)

Jerry wife is importend. Take option (Why should she do that?)

Jerry

Every option

It doesn´t care which answer.

After that go to Bailiff and Marianne.

1 Like

nice. that’s new angle for the quest.

While Alchemicalizing (totally a word) I found an issue. How doth one grind the coal to dust instead of just dumping the carbon into the cauldron whole?

I’m perplexed by this mystery as, when I grab the thistle or nettle, Henry holds the vegetation in his hand (then, after selecting the cauldron, will put it in) however, upon pressing E on the coal, Henry Kobe’s it into the pot without a second thought.

What did I do guys?

that’s just the way it is for now. if you follow the recipe as directed you will still make the potion successfully.

Thanks, I just tried it and it worked.

A little disappointed when I realized that the mortar and pestle wasn’t utilized but I guess they’ll implement it once it is more stable.

you can grind up the other ingredients it just wasn’t implemented with the charcoal, for instance in the archery potion you have to grind the saint johns wart.

personally I grind all my ingredients don’t want my potions being all gritty and such.

1 Like

personally I grind all my ingredients don’t want my potions being all gritty and such

Makes no sense at the antidot potion. The first one is for Jerry, and the second for the shop. :wink:

By the way; Alchemy.
Who thinks the alchemy is to powerful and not realistic?
If the potion are to expensive, you have no problem earning money.
If the boost for the talents is to big it breaks the sense of being realistic. It´s like magic!

WH must exactly balance this feature… or it breaks the game. :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t think the value especially of the antidote is too overly price, Herbalism wasn’t a common knowledge skill thus is why Jerry didn’t make his own antidote and couldn’t afford one either.

during this time period you weren’t given anesthesia unless you had the money to pay for it.

I think where the balancing needs to be made is supply and demand, a shopkeeper shouldn’t accept all and any crap you sell him just because you want to sell it.

how you would go about implementing this IDK. I guess you could set it up that some merchants will buy things from you but at a depreciated value because its worth less to them v.s. another merchant.

Alchemy Map Updated, I changed the icons up added in pictures from the game.

added a few new markers (archery, Herbalist) and I changed the location on the miss marked coal near the archery range.

1 Like

I agree! But I don´t like it, if the difference between buy and sell is too big.
Games have often a fixed ratio 1:8(example:Dragon Age Origins). That´s for me not realistic. KCD should have another solution!

The archery potion is below the factory cost. Nobody makes and sells the potion for this price. It must be 10 Groschen and more…

When you give the antidot potion to Jerry, he gives you only 10 Groschen(maybe 20). In the shop 150! Not a good deal (give Jerry the potion)… maybe the other way around
He is on the brink of death…and should pay the price (he is a rich farmer :smile:)

Alcohol? I think thats the only anesthesia in this time period.
It´s not a good idea for Jerry to denounce the only anesthesiologist (Marianne the innkeeper) :wink:

Here is the video for the Jerry (Alchemy) Quest.

I shorted (with Esc) the anwers. I find out, you don´t need to interview Jerrys wife, but in my opinion you should (she is in the video).

At the end there was no time to find Marianne… but the Quest is finished.

Alcohol: timeless anesthesia.

I don’t think they should be focusing on fluctuating markets at this point in the development. That seems like a rather auxiliary feature but who knows, maybe it would be really necessary?

I think they should implement alcohol based pain medicating first. Don’t need herbalism to figure how that potion works.

you underestimate the knowledge of herbalists during this time, alcohol was used as the base for tinctures. so any known herbs with anesthetic quality would have been extracted and bottled for use.

the problem is there is limited historical evidence, suggesting it would not have been common practice or knowledge out side of Universities and monasteries.

this isn’t a reputable source its all I had handy before heading out to work this morning.

find this article here.

Scientists in Scotland have now found evidence that medieval monks used crude anesthetic and antiseptic agents. According to a Reuter story, on August 31, 1997, the discovery was made in digging at Soutra Hill some 20 miles (32 kilometers) south of Edinburgh where a large hospital was founded in 1165 and run by Augustinian monks for nearly 400 years until the dissolution of the monasteries. The monks there ministered to casualties from more than 80 armies that fought in the area. The new excavations have uncovered two surgical wards where amputations were done on warriors “anesthetized with opium and hemlock” and where “traces of an analgesic ointment made of opium and lard and a disinfectant ointment laced with arsenic” were also discovered.

1 Like

Marianna: "…and as I promised, the beer is on me from now on."
Henry: "So I’ll stop by sometime and we’ll make merry."
Marianna: “Indeed! You’d be surprised how good I am at merrymaking!”

Does this imply what I think it implies? :unamused:

I don´t know what you are thinking. :smile:
I was joking about Mariannes abillity push through her head with her hand.

What have I implied? :innocent: