(SPOILER) DLC Setup Ending

You can finish the main quest. Most people do. There are some who insist on being able to finish it in a certain way with out any backtracking and they are being catered to(bib and all).

They could do it like Witcher3 where the level cap increases and so do gear stats, enemies lvl, etc. that way we keep our hard earned super-Henry with all gear and stats but we get to continue the story fluidly. And for players starting at the second installment they can be buffed to lvl 20 at the start with perk points and decent gear

Maybe Iā€™m in the minority, but when I felt the twinge of anger and frustration at the end of the game, (ā€œHe got away! ā€¦with the sword!,ā€) I liked it. Especially good was the lecture from Radzig: ā€œThe sword? Itā€™s just a thingā€¦ā€ Leaves you great rpg choices later too: How wrathful/obsessed with revenge or recovering the sword will Henry be? Will he have heard Radzigā€™s message? Itā€™s not excalibur, itā€™s a macguffin.

I read that the game they originally wanted to make was set during the Hussite wars, almost a generation later, so I really appreciate what theyā€™re doing here with the long-game. Maximum immersion and exposure to issues of the day. Theyā€™re setting up ways for you to learn or answer: What does it mean to be ā€œnobleā€ or a knight? Politically? Personally? Spiritually? And combat-wise, they are setting up the supremacy of the full-plate knightā€¦ so that we will appreciate how the military and social/cultural norms all get turned on their heads after 1420.

Sigismund, Wenceslaus, Jobst are important people, but all flawed and not to be overly glorified. The real main character, apart from Henry, will be Sir Hans. I am betting hard that Henry will be Hansā€™ Bernard in the Hussite Wars games, and theyā€™ll be cool NPC mentors to a new character starting from zero.

Anyway, reflecting on what youā€™ve done with Henry, what heā€™s learned and experienced, thatā€™s the big payoff at the end of this story. ā€œI donā€™t know how to address you anymore.ā€ And yeah, thereā€™s a big manipulative hook to make you want to buy the DLC/Expansion/whateverā€¦ which I will pay for eagerly.

1 Like

idk if it was said before but, they never said that. It was first planned as Act I, Act II and Act III. Now it is Act I+II and Act III. But i think they can be mainly titled as Act I and Act II.
Because i dont want to know how short one act would be in the first concept! XD
Example, 50 Quests for one Act, makes 150 Quests for three :smile:

I disagree about the ending. The game was huge, the main story line pretty straightforward. It ended in the manner of a chapter, which does lead one to believe there is more to come and there isnā€™t anything wrong with that.

Hm. First playthrough was 86 hours, and thatā€™s with the main story + exploring + doing side missions + Twink Leveling (As in dedicated skillpathing and going full into a specific set of skills). All in all for the price that is more than fair and actually goes over the usual time you get with a story based Singleplayer Game at that price. Plus I didnā€™t even do everything there is to do nore MaxCap. Iā€™d guess thereā€™s about 100+ hours for a single 100% playthrough if youā€™re new and not rushing yourself.

Not to mention: Free HD Packs? EA would rape us all for 30$ for that. The free updates as well are nice.

Not here but Iā€™ve seen some people compare WHS to EA. Which, makes no sense. By all means, itā€™s a full story, that made sense, with plenty of side content, skills, choices, and decent animations/graphics for the budget they had. Overall for a first game of this studio itā€™s a bullseye if you look at it financially. Plus, no loot boxes, overpriced cosmetics, or silly "Pay 19.99 more bucks for 20 minutes of ā€œGameplayā€ as seen in some AAA games.

So I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s ā€œIncompleteā€ in all consideration. And does warrant a full blown story DLC like how TW3 did. I mean, it makes sense. Henry goes from dorky lumpy knobber to a higher status by the end which in itself is a major step if you look at it in a lore standpoint. So next we will see him fuckin shit up and going hard on Cumans.

Or itā€™s a new game and we all have to start at 0 for all skills again :confused:

I spent about 200+ hours in the game. I think this game deserves a NG + setting. However, even if they donā€™t this is not a purchase I regret making.